Research Admin Assistant
Job no: 514495
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Office/Clerical, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:60751000 - AG-GCREC-ADMINISTRATION
Research Administrative AssistantJob Description:
Proactively search RFP database to identify potential sources of support and communicate to faculty. Assist faculty with applications to a broad range of sponsors, i.e., government, private foundations, industry, etc. Prepare and process internal pre-award forms and documents. Develop rapport with key staff to facilitate internal processing within sponsor deadlines.
Read and become familiar with proposal guidelines/solicitation for federal, state, and private funding agencies. Review all components of proposal submission, with particular focus on the budget and budget narrative. Inspect the proposal guidelines for indirect cost (IDC) limitations and cost share requirements. Confirm the appropriate project type and apply corresponding IDC rate. Ensure that no unnecessary commitment of University resources is included in the budget or budget justification areas of the proposal.
Recommend revisions to proposal components in accordance with sponsor, institutional, state, and federal guidelines.
Create proposal record within the University of Florida Integrated Research Support Tool (UFIRST) proposal module and route in accordance with institutional policy. Ensure all internal deadlines are met throughout the proposal review and approval process, as well as timely submission to the sponsor.
Coordinate submissions with relevant internal and external stakeholders including: principal investigators (PIs) and other key personnel, other research administrators, department chairs/directors, sponsored research offices, and/or program managers.
Assist PIs on correct formatting of proposal documents such as the scope of work, budget justification, biographical sketches, current & pending, etc., in accordance with proposal guidelines.
Review budgeted personnel on sponsored programs to ensure that funds are available for requested payroll distributions. Process payroll distributions.
Assist Manager of Operations with post-award processes, tracking subcontracts to ensure funding is being spent, semester effort reporting and faculty assignment reports, as needed.
Work with Accountant on needed journal entries.
Other duties as assigned.Expected Salary:
A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:- Experience with myUFL, myinvestiGator, Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel), and UFIRST
- Experience with federal sponsors and their systems, specifically US Department of Ag (grants.gov; EZ Fed Grants system) and National Science Foundation (NSF-Fastlane)
- Strong familiarity with Division of Sponsored Programs procedures and regulations.
- Strong familiarity with University of Florida fiscal requirements
- General curiosity and willingness to question
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and utilize problem-solving techniques
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate work assignments and multi-task when needed.
- Ability to perform mathematical equations.
- Ability to work in team by supporting the knowledge and ideas of othersSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 15 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time