IT Analyst II
Job no: 514875
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Department:57720000 - INSTITUTE-CHILD HEALTH POLICY
IT Analyst IIJob Description:
Institute of Child Health Policy is seeking candidates with experience with regional data management systems, large scale databases, and SQL programming for an IT Analyst II position. Incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the planning and design of healthcare related databases to support research projects and institute programs. Implement optimization strategies to improve the efficiency of data management, including storage plans, indexing, and SQL queries. Form entity relationship models based on program specifications. Design and maintain SSIS packages, create stored procedures and triggers. Recommend procedures for storage forecasting, planning, and database scaling. Perform stress testing and make recommendations for improving performance.
Responsibilities to include:
- Maintain data management systems to optimize data storage and processing while meeting data availability requirements for various projects. Includes coding and implementing technical solutions. Coding requirements may include multiple languages and platforms.
- Assist with analyzing current processes and procedures to create future configurations which lead to gains in efficiency and cost savings. Includes designing strategies, system testing, and working with external and internal partners to maintain data availability and integrity.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation for data management procedures. Includes JIP for trading partners, data dictionaries and process documentation for researcher and reporting needs, and audit level documentation.
- Under supervision, serves as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes and procedures related to managed data.
$65,000 - $71,000
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $ 51,500 Midpoint: $ 66,900 Upper Reference point: $ 82,300Minimum Requirements:Associates degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems and large scale databases and SQL programming.
- Proficient in data management programming languages (e.g., C, C++, JAVA, Perl/PHP, SAS).
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, take initiative, and meet deadlines. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with healthcare data and statistical methods are preferred.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 16 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time