Data Management Analyst III
Job no: 514876
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Library/Physical/Social Science, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:57720000 - INSTITUTE-CHILD HEALTH POLICY
Data Management Analyst IIIJob Description:
The Department of Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics (HOBI) and Institute for Child Health Policy (ICHP) participates in multiple Medicaid funded or related projects. Supporting State quality initiatives and conducting policy research using Medicaid and other health data sources.
The incumbent in this position is part of a data management team responsible for data warehousing, management and analysis. They will design and manage data systems that include multi-sourced health, healthcare system, and social or population data sets. Analyses conducted will apply accepted principles and theories of the descriptive and inferential statistics and participation in interpretation and presentation of results is expected. This position may oversee statistical analyses conducted by graduate student research assistants and other staff. Communication of complex data and analyses to lay and industry audiences, in meetings and presentations and in written reports is required. Contributions to scientific reports, conference papers, and journal articles is expected.
Responsibilities to include:
- Design and manage data file systems from multiple research projects that include multiple data sets using a variety of database and statistical software tools, for example, SAS, SQL, and Excel. Optimize transformation and transfer of data between projects and platforms. Provide expertise and communicate recommendations on data structures and appropriate use to project leadership. Interact effectively with internal and external data sharing partners.
- Enhance data summary and reporting using various software tools including SAS programming, SQL code, Excel, Tableau, and application development tools. Suggest best practices for data and design improvements. Assist project leadership in representing information through data visualization and appropriate summarization.
- Conduct statistical data analyses, write statistical programming code with SAS and SQL. Additional statistical software or programming tools including Python, R, etc. may also be used. Participate in interpretation of results. Provide statistical expertise to project leadership, or other research staff.
- Participate in design, implementation, and reporting of research and evaluation studies. Contributions to scientific reports, conference papers and journal articles are expected, including documentation of method, presentation of data, and participation in interpretation of results
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $ 59,300 Midpoint: $ 77,000 Upper Reference point: $ 94,700Minimum Requirements:
Masters degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelors degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience analyzing healthcare data
- Diverse skills in data management, programming, and statistical methods
- Ability and experience working with a number of software packages (e.g., SAS, SQL, Tableau, R)
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 16 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time