Maintenance Generalist I
Job no: 514887
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:34010304 - DN-DENTAL MAINTENANCE
Maintenance Generalist IJob Description:
The Maintenance Generalist I will coordinate the equipment and maintenance requirements of the College of Dentistry's laboratory courses taught in multidiscipline faculty, undergraduate and graduate dental laboratories, continuing education laboratory, and research laboratories through the dental sciences building, and laboratories located at the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, Eastside (Gainesville), Hialeah, Jacksonville, Santa Fe Community College (Gainesville), and Seminole facilities. Duties may require presence at off-site clinical laboratories regularly. This position will assist with and facilitate building maintenance and renovation in the Dental Tower (Bldg. 205) and the facilities at Hialeah, Jacksonville, Naples and Seminole.
Specific duties include:
- Attending to the maintenance requirements of equipment in the College of Dentistry's laboratory courses taught in multidiscipline faculty, undergraduate and graduate dental laboratories, continuing education laboratory, and research laboratories through the dental sciences building, and laboratories located at the ACORN (Gainesville), Hialeah, Yulee, and Seminole, facilities. Diagnose and repair dental equipment, including chairs; dental delivery units; dental examination lights; surgical lights, fiber optic lights; handpieces; laboratory equipment, foreign and domestic dental simulation units; and chemical, dry-heat, and steam sterilizing equipment.
- Diagnosing mechanical problems and coordinate the maintenance needs of the college's Pre-clinical Simulation Laboratory consisting of 95 student workstations and an instructor's station, which offers the latest in dental pre-clinical equipment (a patient simulator, which resembles the upper portion of a mannequin, a computer monitor, a laptop computer hookup to the Internet, and a complete collection of dental instruments that operate like those in a clinical setting). Attend training seminars (as required) to become proficient in the repair of this specialized equipment. Follow the guidance of Maintenance Generalists III in the repair of simulation laboratory equipment and follow through to ensure the completion of all repairs meet industry standards and guidelines. Consult with Maintenance Specialist or Maintenance Generalist III on equipment modifications or needs for use in teaching demonstrations.
- Supporting Maintenance Specialist and Maintenance Generalist III with facility projects, to include refresh painting and drywall as needed/directed.
- Repairing and calibrating dental x-ray machines, dental chairs, units, lights, mobiles, etc.
- Instructing students on use, capabilities, and maintenance of equipment.
- Performing daily checks and make notations in the equipment log before patient care begins. Ensure proper guidelines are followed in replacing oxygen bottles (as determined). Maintain equipment for patient security and safety, and replace, repair, or return equipment (as determined necessary) to maintain clinic operation and provide patient care.
- Completing preventative maintenance actions on a scheduled basis to include annual replacement of inline water filters of dental units, review of predoctoral dental units and related equipment quarterly for the ADEX/CDCA Dental Board Examinations and provide maintenance assistance during the board exam process.
- Performing related duties (as necessary).
- When directed, request estimates for repair of dental-related equipment with manufacturers. Follow up on receipt of estimates and completion of repairs once bids awarded.
- Instructing faculty members, staff members, and students on the proper use, capabilities, and care of dental equipment.
$17.50 - $18.50 hourly; commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
NoneSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is open to current UF employees only.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 16 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time