OPS LAH Stable Assistant
Job no: 514890
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28321000 - VM-HOSPITAL
- LAH Stable Assistant - OPS
- Qualified candidates will need to be able to perform the following duties:
- Cleaning, stripping, scrubbing, and disinfecting stalls, hallways, and procedure areas.
- Loading, transporting, and unloading shavings, waste material, feed, and hay carts.
- Assist in handling and disposal of trash and biowaste material.
- Utilize chemical cleaning and disinfection agents in a safe manner.
- Maintain hospital, barns, fences, and grounds in an attractive, sanitary, and functional manner appropriate for public visitation.
- Mowing pastures, edging, string trimming, and weeding as needed
- Assist in maintaining supply inventory and replenishing stock.
- When needed, under the direction of Veterinary Technician staff, assist with feeding, grooming, restraining, and exercising patients.
- Must be experienced in the care and handling of horses and other large animals.
- The physical ability to lift 50- 100 pounds on a regular basis and work in adverse weather conditions.
- Possess the ability to follow written and oral instructions and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- General understanding of the equipment used in farm facility maintenance.
- Must be reliable and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
$12 per hour
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $ N/A Midpoint: $ N/A Upper Reference point: $ N/AMinimum Requirements:
One year experience handling and restraining horses and one year work experience utilizing equipment in farm facility maintenance.Preferred Qualifications:
- 2-3 years working in an environment that required handling and restraining horses daily.
- Minimum qualifications as listed above, experience within the past 2 years.
- Minimum qualifications as listed above, experience within a veterinary hospital setting
- Bilingual - Spanish/English
- Experience and physical ability and agility to handle, manipulate, and restrain non-equine large animals.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate daily tasks.
- Ability to work and communicate well within a team and perform with minimum supervision
- 3-5+ years’ experience working at an agricultural facility operation.
- Knowledge of general farming operations and the ability to perform routine repairs/maintenance.
- Knowledge and ability to operate a forklift, tractors and other farm equipment, and heavy trucks, trailers, and material handling equipment.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and reference letters
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 23 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time