iTHRIV Program Assistant
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-10-15
The integrated Translational Health Research Institute of Virginia (iTHRIV) at the University of Virginia seeks a part-time iTHRIV Program Assistant to support the coordination and promotion of meetings and events within Central Virginia (mostly Charlottesville) for health-focused happenings for the Latinx community. Programs/Events to be supported include events for the Latino Health Initiative(LHI), Cardiovascular Initiative program (CVI), Compañeros Empowerment and Training Program (CTEP), Tardes de Salud Familiar (Tardes), Clínica Latina, Community Education via Radio, and related integrated Translational Health Research Institute of Virginia (iTHRIV) events.
The Program Assistant will support several operational functions including fiscal administration, procurement, communications, and other administrative functions. The employee is able to understand policy and use judgment to perform their duties.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Initiative (LHI) program
- Coordinate speakers, invitations, trainers, Community Health Workers (CHW), students and volunteers for community health talks, training sessions, activities, clinics and radio show participation.
- Serves as a central point of contact between students, faculty, staff and external stakeholders on day-to-day operations, administrative matters, special projects and general problem resolution
- Schedule and organize meetings, with agendas and meeting minutes. May coordinate activities with internal and external customers, arrange virtual and in-person meetings and special events, coordinate travel arrangements as appropriate, and maintain records.
- Attends relevant iTHRIV Hub Research Capacity Core meetings as LHI liaison
- Assist with project related financial administration (track community health worker payments, organize receipts and process for payments reimbursements related to LHI)
- Ensure excellent communication with LHI team members
- Maintain mailing lists, social media accounts, records and reports
- Advance the knowledge of health research in the Latinx community
- For fiscal support, may prepare invoices and purchase requisitions, enter and extract financial information, prepare monthly reconciliations for multiple fund sources, participate in budget preparation, purchase supplies, and process purchases on pcard.
- For general administrative support, may answer phones, open mail, order supplies, maintain facilities, prepare correspondence, maintain calendars, and schedule meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Project management experience preferred
- Flexible work schedule to ensure availability during and after routine office hours for community activities and meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Possess good clerical, word processing and office skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Successful completion of the CITI Human Subject Research Course for all IRB-HSR researchers within two months of hire
- Project management training and/or experience preferred
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Transportation to meetings/events
- Spanish fluency and understanding of Latino culture preferred
This is a restricted position; continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
Priority review of applications will begin on October 25, 2020, but the position will remain open until filled.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: please apply through Workday at the following URL, https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs , and search for requisition # R0011531. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for requisition # R0011531. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Michelle Williams, Faculty Search Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Sandra Burks, Program Director, at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.