Endowment Reporting Coordinator (6299U) 12042
Endowment Reporting Coordinator (6299U) 12042 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 29, 2020
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) helps build Berkeley's excellence through communications, public outreach, and fundraising, all to raise public awareness about Berkeley and increase private philanthropy. UDAR provides overall direction for the campus's philanthropic advancement strategies and strengthens campus unit development in partnership with campus fundraisers. It handles a range of central activities and services encompassing prospect development, communications, donor stewardship, gift management, database management, and more.
- Implements programs and communication strategies designed to steward donors for their campus philanthropy. Under general supervision and exercising limited discretion and professional judgment, aids in the administration of the scholarship and fellowship reporting program, researching gifts and the donors who made them according to Donor and Gift Services standard process, posting contact reports to the campus's advancement database once letters are mailed, filing/e-filing correspondence, editing written materials, and tracking the dates associated with key steps in the process in order to monitor turnaround time.
- Develops and maintains reports, providing basic analysis of program trends. Supports stewardship programs, including for scholarship and fellowship donors. Manage the annual production and mailing of reports to those donors meeting program criteria, and ensure that mailing list data is posted to Cal Advancement Data System (CADS). May participate in preparing e-communications for donor stewardship programs, including creation of messages in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and preparation of delivery lists.
- Monitors and documents program activities and results as initial contact for donors using the [email protected] email address to make inquiries. Responds to questions, resolves donor questions, issues, and escalate for resolution as appropriate.
- Handles special projects/assignments involving direct interaction with alumni volunteers and donors, as required
- Thorough knowledge of basic concepts, principles, and procedures of building and maintaining effective relations with internal and external constituencies.
- Thorough knowledge or the ability to gain knowledge of the campus, its mission, goals, objectives, programs, achievements, infrastructure and issues of concern.
- Thorough written, verbal and interpersonal communications, tact and political acumen to effectively represent the campus.
- Thorough research, analytical and critical thinking skills, including sound judgment and decision-making skills and skill to correctly identifying real and potential problems, advising management as required, and proposing effective strategic resolutions.
- Skill in project management, scheduling and meeting deadlines.
- Experience using and maintaining spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, G Suite, and other common desktop/web applications.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time career position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=12042&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency