Professor, PhD in Health Sciences Program - Trident at AIU
We are recruiting a Full-Time Professor for the PhD in Health Sciences Program. Professional experience in health sciences research is required, as is academic experience in teaching at the graduate level. This position is critical to providing a quality education for doctoral students and ensuring their successful persistence toward degree completion.
- PhD in a Health Sciences-related field, from a regionally accredited university.
- Evidence of experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Experience working with PhD students through the entire research process from research study conception through proposal through successful dissertation defense.
- Experience chairing dissertation committees.
- Experience teaching in a higher education setting, in a blended or fully online environment.
- Experience in curriculum development using knowledge of current trends in the health sciences.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Mentor students in the development of their dissertation studies.
- Chair dissertation committees.
- Teach doctoral classes.
- Support the Doctoral Studies Director in seeking and appointing dissertation committee chairs and members.
- Contribute to curriculum and course development.
- Contribute to assessment activities and reports.
- Serve on faculty governance committees.
- Engage in scholarly and professional activities.
Additional skills include the following:
- Successful graduate-level teaching experience in a blended or fully online environment.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development.
- Demonstrated experience in research and knowledge of current trends in the discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to formulate feasible and logical solutions on issues such as student recruitment, engagement, and retention.
- Ability to work independently and in virtual teams.