Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Registered Nurse.
The Registered Nurse assists the Health Center Director with maintaining the Mission, goals and objectives of the Health Center as it relates to the Vision and Mission of Lynn University. Provides nursing care to students, faculty, staff and visitors as needed, according to the Florida Nurse Practice Act, Standards of Care of the American College Health Association and Lynn University Health Center Policy and Procedure Manual. Follows Health Center protocols for treatment as specified in the Health Center Policy and Procedure Manual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the care of the equipment and property of the Health Center.
- Responsible for keeping daily log up to date and accurate.
- Responds to all medical emergencies on campus.
- Maintain student records and update as needed in the Jenzabar system.
- Coordination of medical treatment and transport, of injured/ill students and staff while on-duty.
- Follow Standing Orders as directed by the University's Medical Consultant when treating students/staff in the Health Center.
- Participate in unit staff meetings.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain current certification in CPR and AED.
- Maintain professional licensure and continuing education as directed by the Florida Board of Nursing.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and trust.
- Participate in Health Center programming.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Health Center Director to maintain continuity of/and high standards of care.
The Health Center seeks a high energy, patient centered nurse, who is ambitious, innovative, forward thinking, and works well on a team. The Registered Nurse is a professional staff member at the University. As such, this individual will maintain a high level of professionalism including, but not limited to behavior, attire, and representation of self and the University at all times. For consideration, this individual must minimally possess:
- An earned bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Current State of Florida Board of Nursing license, CPR and AED certifications.
- Prior experience working on a college campus preferred.
- Proficiency with clinical skills typical to an urgent care environment including, but not limited to, phlebotomy, wound care, IV insertion, monitoring, EKG, ear lavage, IV push meds, injections, wound care, splinting, and crutch training, etc.
- Ability to interpret and apply current health care and nursing trends.
- Demonstrated excellence in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, as well as the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students.
- Must be able to work Monday-Thursday from 12:00pm-8:00pm and Friday from 10:00am-6:00pm
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.