Professor or Associate Professor of Practice in Mechanical Engineering
Posting InformationPosition TitleProfessor or Associate Professor of Practice in Mechanical EngineeringJob Posting Number202115FACJob LocationSan MarcosDepartmentIngram School of EngineeringPosition Description
Texas State University College of Science and Engineering seeks nominations and applications for the non-tenure line position of professor or associate professor of practice for a proposed baccalaureate degree in mechanical engineering (ME). The proposed ME program will embed Industry 4.0 tools and technologies throughout the curriculum to prepare students who can design and develop mechanical and thermal systems that are intelligent, interconnected, and integrated with the virtual world and emerging digital infrastructures.
The successful candidate will be among the inaugural hires for the ME program which is housed in the Ingram School of Engineering (ISoE). Working closely with the ISoE Director and a tenured professor of mechanical engineering, the successful candidate will be expected to develop undergraduate teaching laboratories and senior-level capstone design courses. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards. For more information on Texas State University’s Faculty of Practice appointments follow this link,
http://policies.txstate.edu/division-policies/academic-affairs/04-01-23.html. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
• An undergraduate or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
• Minimum of 10 years recent experience in a professional practice or management capacity.
• Applicant must hold a Professional Engineer (PE) License or be able to obtain a PE License within a period of three years.
• Demonstrate, by virtue of education and/or design experience, qualifications to teach courses that are primarily design in content.
• A doctoral level degree in mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
• Minimum of 15 years recent experience in a professional practice or management capacity with at least three in a leadership or upper administrative role.
• Record of teaching experience related to mechanical engineering.
• Experience in the application of Industry 4.0 principles.
• Experience with ABET accreditation procedures and deliverables.
• Demonstrated leadership roles in mechanical engineering related professional organizations.
• Record of professional publications and presentations.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33919.
To assure full consideration, applications must be submitted by December 31, 2020.
The following documentation must be included in the application.
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae
a) Professional registration status
b) List of professional and post-doctoral employments
c) List of published peer-reviewed articles
d) List of funded research proposals, with funding amount and funding agency
e) List of courses taught as the Instructor of Record
f) Consultation experience
3) Statements of research interests
4) Statements of teaching interests
5) List of three references
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start DateFall 2021Open DateReview Date12/31/2020Close DateOpen Until Filled?YesLegal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33919Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statements of Teaching Interests
- List of References
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- Letter of Recommendation #3
- Letter of Recommendation #2
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter "NA" if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the rank you are applying for
- Professor of Practice
- Associate Professor of Practice