Professor in Mechanical Engineering
Posting InformationPosition TitleProfessor in Mechanical EngineeringJob Posting Number202116FACJob LocationSan MarcosDepartmentIngram School of EngineeringPosition Description
Texas State University College of Science and Engineering seeks nominations and applications for the position of professor for a proposed baccalaureate degree in mechanical engineering (ME). The successful candidate will be the inaugural professor hire for the ME program which is housed in the Ingram School of Engineering (ISoE). Working closely with the ISoE Director, the successful candidate will implement the proposed ME program including hiring faculty, developing undergraduate teaching laboratories and classrooms, and recruiting students.
The proposed ME program will embed Industry 4.0 tools and technologies throughout the curriculum to prepare students who can design and develop mechanical and thermal systems that are intelligent, interconnected, and integrated with the virtual world and emerging digital infrastructures. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All positions are subject to availability of funds.Required Qualifications
• An earned doctorate in mechanical engineering or a closely related discipline.
• Meet the relevant requirements of ISoE, College of Science and Engineering, the University and the TSUS Board of Regents to be tenured at the rank of professor.
• Demonstrated experience in undergraduate and/or graduate curriculum development and ABET accreditation.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
• Demonstrated record of discipline specific research publications in internationally recognized journals and conferences.
• Demonstrated experience in securing externally funded grants and contracts.
• Evidence of excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level.
• Industry experience and/or Professional Engineering licensure.
• Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following digital tools/technologies: internet of things, big data and analytics, engineering simulation, additive manufacturing, robotics, artificial intelligence and/or cybersecurity.
• Administrative or project management experience
• Experience mentoring junior faculty
• Experience with academic advising of students
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33920.
To assure full consideration, applications must be submitted by December 15, 2020.
The following documentation must be included in the application.
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae
a) Professional registration status
b) List of professional and post-doctoral employments
c) List of published peer-reviewed articles
d) List of funded research proposals, with funding amount and funding agency
e) List of courses taught as the Instructor of Record
3) Statements of research interests
4) Statements of teaching interests
5) List of three references
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start DateFall 2021Open DateReview Date12/15/2020Close DateOpen Until Filled?Legal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33920Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statements of Teaching Interests
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter "NA" if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)