Student Accounts Specialist
Student Accounts Specialist
The Student Accounts Specialist assists the Bursar in the overall fiscal operations of the Student Accounts office with specific responsibility for identifying specific student populations and providing general and one-to-one counseling to students to assist them in satisfying their financial obligations to the College. Responsible for financial aid disbursement in a timely manner.
FLCC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and strives to provide an environment that embodies these principles. We strive to attract talented personnel from diverse backgrounds and traditions, particularly of race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, worldview and physical and mental abilities. As such, applicants from historically under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
A. Educational Background: Associate’s Degree required, preferably in business or related field. Bachelor’s preferred.
B. Experience: Minimum of three (3) years full-time experience in direct customer service required, preferably in higher education. Experience working with student information systems (e.g. Colleague) preferred. High level proficiency using Microsoft Office products required.
C. Special Skills: Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and a proven customer service orientation. Exhibited comfort level working with students regarding student account issues. Excellent analytical ability and the ability to research and solve complex problems. Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage projects and a large workload and multiple assignments with conflicting priorities to meet strict deadlines in a fast paced environment. Some weekend and evening shifts may be required. Technical proficiency in computerized student and financial systems and report writing tools is desirable. Familiarity with administration of Title IV aid programs strongly preferred.
2. Essential Functions:
- Review and manage reports to ensure accurate and timely processing of student refunds.
- Analyze refund/repayment calculations using computer based software or manually as required.
- Perform return of Title IV calculations.
- Work with the Financial Aid office in communicating and resolving outstanding requirements that prohibit the release of financial aid funds.
- Prepare correspondence, enter, data, develop financial requests for funds disbursement and other documents related to financial aid.
- Collaborate with the Financial Aid office to balance Pell Disbursements to the general ledger.
- May work with NYS Scholarships/Grant programs such as TAP, part-time TAP, APTS and other NYS Scholarships to include identification of potential recipients and certification of eligibility, annual testing/set-up of system, initial and ongoing data exchange with HESC for verification of potential recipients; identifications and outreach to students requiring action or not meeting requirements to receive TAP.
- Respond to student questions regarding financial aid, student accounts and residency certificate requirements.
- Meet with students to address and resolve account issues.
- Ensure compliance with regulations regarding timing and deadlines for certificates of residency.
- Assist Bursar in student billings and communications, including but not limited to,
- Periodic billing & mailings
- Preparing tailored communications to identified populations of students
- Creating Power Point slides for important dates and deadlines
- Placing phone calls to students with unpaid past due bills and
- Assist the Bursar with deregistration as needed
- Assist Bursar with developing and maintaining the Student Accounts office web presence.
- Serve as Student Accounts representative to various committees as assigned by the Bursar.
- Pursue professional development opportunities annually, given the frequency of regulatory changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The starting hourly rate for this 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year position is $18.45.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Cover letter
For full consideration apply by 11/7/2020
Applications will only be accepted online.
Finger Lakes Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission based on an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identification, gender expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction or any other category protected by law. The College adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in public institutions of higher education.