Senior IT Support Specialist
Senior IT Support Specialist
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Senior IT Support Specialist
Job Profile Title
Information Technology Support Specialist Senior
Job Description Summary
ISC's HireIT Services team provides best-in-class IT service delivery in a matrix environment to more than 1000 clients across a diverse collection of campus organizations including members of Penn's executive offices. The HireIT team works to form trusting professional relationships with our clients by partnering to meet local needs.
The IT Support Specialist Senior will provide top-tier end-user support and technical consulting through daily interaction with high-profile clients and staff who have varying levels of technical expertise. A portion of this position will focus on using advanced technical skills for desktop infrastructure design, implementation, and daily management from an end user support point of view. Additional work will consist of managing IT projects in support of client and campus-wide IT initiatives.
Occasional evening or weekend hours are required.
- Interact daily with high-profile clients and staff who have varying levels of technical expertise and provide top-tier support. Act as an escalation point for critical and advanced technical issues. Establish and foster ongoing relationships with high-profile clients. Maintain working knowledge of client office functions and needs.
- Perform desktop management responsibilities including configuration, imaging, remote software deployment, and desktop backup management. Investigate new technology for opportunities to improve end user computing. Review, recommend, develop, and implement new methods of managing end user desktop infrastructure and desktop management.
- Consult with clients and colleagues on diverse business needs. Recommend and review IT solutions for improving work, based on analysis and understanding of business and operational requirements. Plan, develop, implement, and manage projects/solutions involving clients, vendors, and other IT entities at the University.
- Serve as subject matter expert resource for HireIT, managing projects, coordinating resources in support of a variety of division-wide and client-specific business goals, and serving as a mentor to junior staff.
- Participate on campus-wide project teams, task forces, and user groups.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience providing technical support for contemporary client operating systems (Macintosh and Windows) and productivity applications, preferably in an academic computing or professional services environment.
- Ability to thrive in a client-centric, technically-focused environment, with an excellent track record of providing exemplary technical support and customer service, particularly with people at higher levels of the organization.
- Experience configuring, deploying and supporting client desktop systems in a managed environment.
- Experience creating and maintaining software deployment packages and patches in an endpoint management system.
- Experience deploying and maintaining an enterprise desktop backup solution.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing functional requirements and managing small IT projects while coordinating internal and external resources in support of clients' diverse business goals.
- Skills and experience in database development, web development, multimedia, audio-visual, or information security a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to present technical materials clearly to varied audiences.
- Sound independent judgment, a professional demeanor, & a commitment to maintaining confidentiality of sensitive materials.
- Ability to both lead, and work in support of others to produce best outcomes; must be team-oriented, with a demonstrated aptitude and eagerness for learning and collaboration.
Office, Library, Computer Room
Typically sitting at a desk or table; Occasional lifting 25 lb. or less
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Information Systems and Computing
$50,684.00 - $138,391.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Franklin-Building/Senior-IT-Support-Specialist_JR00025756
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency