Posting DetailsJob TitleCoder Associate/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24956Working TitleCoder AssociateDepartment NameH4021: Revenue Management - Coding & DocumentationWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
RHIA, RHIT, CPC, CPC-A or CCSPhysical Requirements
This position requires regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); and occasionally standing or walking with objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Some job-related travel may also be involved (less than 10% of time).Shift
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Other days/times as needed by department.Job Summary
The Professional Coding team is currently seeking a Coder Associate to provide standardization, quality, expertise and customer service focus to the UK Healthcare system. The Coder Associate will have frequent contact with customers/patients, faculty, physicians, vendors, and University personnel.
Primary responsibilities will include performing highly technical professional billing and coding, correlating multispecialty coding, and ensuring adherence to all regulatory billing and coding guidelines. This position will also be required to maintain an excellent working relationship with customers and provide cross-coverage as needed. The Coding Associate must also manage CEUs (continuing education credits) to maintain required credentials.
This position will require the ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment. The qualified individual must be able to communicate with a diverse patient/customer population.
Attention to detail; accuracy; knowledge of CPT and ICD-10, coding and billing software, HIPAA, and regulatory compliance; and time management skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Associate degree and at least one year of paid, full-time medical coding experience.Deadline to Apply10/22/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess at least one of the following certifications: a current Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Professional Coder-Apprentice (CPC-A) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)?
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience with medical coding and billing.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe in detail your billing and coding experience noting specific specialties.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe an example of an instance in which you demonstrated excellent team-member behavior, including the situation and your specific actions.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (hercjobs.org)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter