Nursing Care Tech/On-Call/ 6 Main (Med-Surg Orthopedic)/UK Good Samaritan Hospital
Posting DetailsJob TitleNursing Care Tech/On-Call/ 6 Main (Med-Surg Orthopedic)/UK Good Samaritan HospitalRequisition NumberDU07137Department NameH6110:Acute CareWork LocationLexington, KYSalary Range$14.00/hour base rateType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status On CallRequired Education
High schoolRequired Related Experience
Must have one or more of the following:
1.) RN Nursing student who has completed the first clinical nursing course (class and clinical)of nursing school or
2.) A valid, current Kentucky State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRNA)
3.) Experience as a military medic
4.) Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT)
5.) active LPN license
6.) Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of KY, plus AHA BLS CPR.
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds occasionally and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as
stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from
intractable patients or sharp instruments.
On-Call. Hours are variable between days, evenings, nights with some weekend and holiday requirements. Preferred candidates will be able to work a variety of shifts. Candidates are required to work a minimum of 36 hours per month to maintain employmentJob Summary
On Call Nursing Care Techs, 6 Main UK Good Samaritan work one on one with the Registered Nurse (RN) to complete delegated tasks and provide direct patient care such as: obtain vital signs, phlebotomy, documentation, assist with ADL’s (activities of daily living), order and stock supplies, respond to patient call lights, unit orientation, and patient admission, transfer and discharge.
Positions may also involve moving patients from bed to wheelchair or stretcher, or stretcher to treatment/surgical tables. Handling of specimens and delivery to labs and preparation of patients for surgical procedures may also be required.
The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing prompt, compassionate, and patient centered care in a collaborative, team-oriented work environment. This dynamic environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the teams of physicians to increase communication, follow through, and enhance patient outcomes and satisfaction. This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, honest, trustworthy, and have a strong work ethic. Must enjoy working in a team and also be able to take direction and communicate effectively with staff, patients and their family
members. In addition, must also be confident and enjoy working in a fast
paced environment. Knowledge of CPR and basic concept of abnormal vital sign parameters is a must. Candidate will also need strong organizational, prioritization, basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the Internet.
Previous experience as a nursing care tech strongly preferred. Good communication skills, dependability.
Previous experience as a NCT preferred, or completion of Fundamentals of Nursing Class/Clinical. Must be fully available to attend orientation classes as well as unit orientationsDeadline to Apply10/21/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the number of paid years’ experience you have as a nursing care technician, State Registered Nursing Assistant (SRNA), EMT, Military Medic, or Cardiac Monitor Technician, in which you were directly responsible for patient care in a hospital.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * This position requires that you work days, evenings, and/or night shift including some weekends and holidays. Are you able to meet the requirements of this position?
- * Do you have one of the following options: 1.) RN Nursing student who has completed the first clinical nursing course (class and clinical) of nursing school or 2.) A valid, current Kentucky State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRNA) or 3.) Experience as a military medic or 4.) active LPN license or 5.) Acquired Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of Kentucky or 6.) for Emergency Department positions ONLY- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT)?
- * Are you currently employed as a Nursing Care Technician at UK HealthCare Chandler or Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Will you be able to obtain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification prior to your start date?
- * Are you currently certified as a Kentucky State Registered Nursing Assistant?
- * Please describe a difficult situation you handled successfully.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter