Posting DetailsJob TitlePharmacy Technician/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24548Working TitlePharmacy Technician/UKHC – 1st Shift Central PharmacyDepartment NameH3330:Pharmacy ServicesWork LocationLexington, KyGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
This position requires intermittently sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; and performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); and occasionally standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; and lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Also involves some exposure to risk of injury from using job-related equipment; and exposure to hazardous chemicals and fumes including waste, cuts/punctures, blood-borne or airborne pathogens.Shift
The shift for this position is Wednesday through Tuesday, 7:00am – 7:00pm (5 shifts), or 7:00am – 5:30pm (2 shifts). 7 days on/7 days off.Job Summary
Assists pharmacists in providing medications to patients in an inpatient hospital setting; prepares and delivers individual patient doses and batch doses; participates in replenishing automated dispensing cabinets; and provides customer service in Central Pharmacy.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
This position requires dependability, and the ability to prioritize. The successful candidate must be reliable and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Hospital pharmacy technician experience preferred.Deadline to Apply10/18/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold a National Pharmacy Technician Certification from either PTCB or ExCPT?
- * Are you currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician?
- * Please indicate the amount of paid pharmacy technician experience you have working in either an inpatient hospital and/or retail pharmacy setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter