Open Rank Professor of Clinical/Counseling Psychology
Saint Michael's College welcomes applications for a tenure-track position in clinical or counseling psychology beginning Fall 2021. The rank is open, depending on the applicant’s qualifications. The successful candidate will be prepared to teach courses in clinical/counseling psychology at the graduate and undergraduate levels, and to direct the College’s clinical master’s program. The candidate will be encouraged to update and develop the master’s program as they deem appropriate. Innovative approaches to teaching, including those employing technology, are welcomed. The candidate’s research specialization in clinical/counseling psychology is also open. In their cover letters, candidates are invited to discuss how they would contribute to the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. The Department offers a full range of courses to support undergraduate majors and minors in psychology, and the clinical master’s program in psychology.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), employee and dependent tuition benefits, and discounted gym membership.
- An earned doctoral degree in clinical psychology
- Evidence of organizational leadership abilities
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence
- Promise of a successful research program in clinical psychology or a related area
- Promise of departmental and institutional citizenship, which will include student advising, and participation in department and college meetings/assignments
- Familiarity with the rules of the Board of Psychological Examiners and the laws that govern the licensing of psychologists in the State of Vermont
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on the Apply Now button in this posting, or on the Employment Opportunities link on the SMC homepage, https://www.smcvt.edu/:
- Cover letter summarizing teaching, professional experiences, and contributions to diversity and inclusion
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching and research interests
- Teaching evaluations or evidence of teaching effectiveness
- A statement of contributions to or interest in cultivating equity and diversity in academic communities
- Contact information for three references (original letters from referees may be requested at a later date)
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required at time of hire)
Review of Applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Please contact the Department Chair, David Boynton at [email protected] if you have questions about the position.