Student Services Coordinator III
Student Services Coordinator III
Job no: 493577
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Role: Student Services Coordinator III
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:5 days per week, up to 25 hours per week, Monday-Friday 11:30 am-5:00 pm
Rate of Pay:$23.06
Job Summary:An employee in this classification performs work of moderate difficulty by coordinating a variety of educational support services and activities. Work is distinguished by the ability to monitor academic progress of students and to inform them of services and opportunities available to increase their success. General supervision is received by the assigned manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Considerable skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access and Publisher
3. Considerable skill in organizing work to meet established deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
4. Working skill in interpersonal interaction to be applied to a variety of individuals with differing education, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
5. Working skills in verbal and written communication.
6. Working skill in operating a personal computer, applicable software and peripheral equipment as well as learning and adapting to new and updated programs and technology.
7. Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends when required by the department’s needs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Working skill utilizing databases, including enterprise-wide databases (e.g. Colleague).
1. Recruit, orient and advise students.
2. Coordinate academic support services and activities, including the development and coordination of personal growth opportunities for students
3. Maintain and file document and student records.
4. Collect and maintain data for reports and other purposes
5. Plan, conduct and participate in various student-related activities (e.g. college tours, conferences, workshops and student recognition event).
6. Maintains required training, licensure and/or certifications
7. Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to applicable privacy laws
8. Demonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse populations within the workplace.
9. Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to effectively provide backup and/or support for co-workers during times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an increased volume of work.
10. Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality
1. Develop and maintain familiarity with various student support services (e.g. financial aid and career development).
2. Perform routine clerical and office tasks.
3. Comply with government regulations regarding grant administration and other job-related matters.
4. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
5. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
This position was posted on 10/14/2020. Elgin Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 10/21/2020 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: October 14, 2020 Central Daylight Time