Associate Director, Program/Project Operations (Technology Ventures), Digital Sandbox KC 08450
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34656
UMKC's Innovation Center; Digital Sandbox KCJob Description This position Implements and coordinates programs and activities of the UMKC Innovation Center Technology Ventures Development Studio to assist developing businesses in accessing training, one-on-one counseling, mentoring, capital and other resources for developing businesses. Creates events and assists with program impact collection. Requires strong project management skills.RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement programs/projects, providing guidance and oversight as necessary and related to the UMKC IC Technology Ventures
- Development Studio, including establishment and implementation of events and programs and setting effective policies and procedures.
- Identify, develop and grow network of technology commercialization partners and investment community
- Develop, manage and coordinate networking events, pilot offerings, and training programs to develop technology clientele
- Assists in the development and implementation of communications programs (social media campaigns, communication outreach efforts, etc.)
- Manage process flow and deliverables of program requirements for targeted clientele, vendors and funders
- Develop and oversee preparation of necessary reports and documentation to supporting agencies, targeted clientele, advisory boards, etc.
- Maintain and grow database of technology ecosystem participants
- Represents the UMKC IC Technology Ventures Development Studio to administrators, faculty, staff and other internal or external constituents
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 4 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessaryPreferred Qualifications
Understanding of the entrepreneurial process, including start-up and growth phases is preferred.
Work with technology venture development is a plus.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
• Outstanding writing and speaking ability and presentation skills.
• Strong computer and software skills including Windows, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Incredible people management and teaming skills whether with direct reports or leading external teams
• Strong sense of initiative and self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to build strong professional relationships and networks amongst business and investor communities.
• Work with a high degree of integrity, hold high ethical standards, and maintain confidentiality.
• Treat others with respect and dignity.
Full Time/Part Time
Full-Time, Benefits EligibleSalary
$50,000 - $65,000 commensurate with experience and education.
November 8, 2020Application Instructions
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.