Executive Assistant to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
Columbus State University has an opening for an Executive Assistant to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management (EM). This position will provide clerical support and administrative assistance for the Associate Vice President as well as other EM leaders (Admissions, Recruitment, Financial Aid, Adult and Military Learners, and the Enrollment Service Center).Special Applicant Instructions
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. All applications and required documents must be submitted using Columbus State University’s online employment site and a complete packet must be submitted for full consideration.Responsibilities
Significant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Providing support for the Associate Vice President for EM:
- Providing clerical/administrative support for all EM leaders.
- Assisting EM departments with miscellaneous duties that may include contact with students in person, as well as, via phone and email.
- Answering incoming telephone calls, screen and route calls, or receive messages.
- Maintaining the Associate Vice President's calendar; schedule meetings and appointments, including scheduling locations; send meeting notices and invitations; and maintain RSVP list for meetings.
- Preparing and processing various travel applications and travel expense reimbursements.
- Creating and submitting electronic work orders.
- Compiling documentation of minutes, data, history and information before the meeting/event and take minutes at specified meetings.
- Facilitating all aspects of purchasing process to include: obtaining quotes; facilitating contract approval process; paying invoices; and secure a State of Georgia Purchasing Card.
- Maintaining upkeep on printers and copiers for EM.
- Facilitating all paperwork related to car rentals for Recruiters.
- Assisting EM leaders with state and foundation budget management and facilitiate all paperwork processes, to include:
- preparing budget amendments
- accessing and distributing budget reports
- and addressing budget and accounting discrepancies.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate's degree (Bachelor's preferred) from a regionally accredited college or university; and a minimum of three years' experience as an Executive Assistant or Budget Manager. The successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills; a strong attention to detail; a demonstrated knowledge of office management; the ability to communicate effectively with other staff, faculty, and team members and maintain effective working relationships; the ability to prioritize tasks during high volume work times and to switch between tasks if required; the ability to work independently with minimal supervision; the ability to maintain and prepare detailed and complex reports accurately and efficiently; the ability to maintain a professional demeanor; and a willingness to assume duties not specified in this description.Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Application
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected]Conditions of Employment
A successful criminal background check and the ability to secure a State of Georgia Purchasing Card is required as a condition of employment. This position will also require physical presence in the office and is not eligible for telework.Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Committed to Diversity in Hiring.