Assistant to the Dean of Business & Technology (Technical Craft Specialist B)
Assistant to the Dean of Business & Technology (Technical Craft Specialist B)Requisition Number:
Reporting to the Dean of Business & Technology, the Assistant to the Dean provides full support performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties with narrow authority to regularly make independent decisions, exercise independent judgment and resolve problems that are central to the day-to-day operations of the division. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing administrative support to the Dean, Assistant Dean and department heads/coordinators; providing information and services to a wide range of internal and external contacts; managing paper flow in compliance with College and division deadlines; managing the Dean’s calendar; drafting correspondence; and editing and proofreading documents.Specific Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary administrative support to the Dean and additionally provide administrative support to the Assistant Dean and department heads/coordinators, handling confidential documents, correspondence and telephone inquiries; drafting correspondence; editing and proofreading documents; managing flow of documents in compliance with deadlines; maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, etc.; and ordering/maintaining inventory of supplies.
• Provide high quality, courteous, efficient, and effective service to the Dean, faculty, students, prospective students, College administrators, staff, clients, and potential clients.
• May oversee work, monitor and/or coordinate the activities of other division support staff in coordination with the Dean and Assistant Dean to ensure timely, efficient and effective completion of assignments.
• Respond verbally or in writing to inquiries, complaints or problems and make necessary adjustments of a non-routine nature.
• Ensure a high level of security and confidentiality of all personnel records of faculty/employees/students, as well as other confidential documents on behalf of the Division and the College.
• Prepare, process and/or monitor a variety of documents, forms, personnel records, budget documents, expenditures and financial reports; review/investigate/process invoices for payment, monitor and ensure adherence to policies and procedures for accuracy.
• Coordinate with respective faculty/administrators/staff to make arrangements for Advisory Committee and other meetings; act as primary contact for assigned function with internal and external organizations; maintain and update accurate Excel databases for creating lists and/or mail merges.
• Attend Advisory Committee and other meetings taking, preparing and distributing minutes for departments and/or programs as needed; and ensure minutes are filed in the appropriate offices within the required timeframe.
• Review and monitor the work area’s processes, collecting time/attendance sheets, and ensuring timely and accurate completion.
• Maintain organized filing/repository systems of paper and electronic documents.
• Establish, coordinate, schedule, track, and execute specific priorities for division based on the guidance and intent of the Dean, Assistant Dean, department heads and/or coordinators.
• Assist division support staff by responding to technical and administrative questions and ensure follow-up if necessary; serve as a resource to support staff with basic technical issues, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and Banner.
• Adhere to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents on behalf of the work area and the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma required.
• Minimum (7) seven years’ experience in a progressively responsible administrative support position required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
• Experience with online calendars and meeting planning tools required.
• Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Solid working knowledge of office processes with strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, organize time effectively, conduct research and identify resources for projects required.
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading and editing) required.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism by phone and in person required.
• Proven ability to demonstrate initiative and think proactively to see tasks through to completion with appropriate follow-up required.
• Ability to develop collaborative working relationships among internal staff and external constituents required.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in working as part of a team or independently to meet goals in a deadline-driven environment required.
• Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills and ability to take action and resolve issues required.
• Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive work information required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Some college or Associate’s degree preferred.
• Previous administrative experience supporting an executive or senior-level manager or working in higher education preferred.
• Experience with database management and Banner (or other ERP system) preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Testing for this Position:
Typing (warm up given) 50 WPM
Office Grammar & Spelling
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on February 19, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
Salary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date:
02/05/2020Type of Position:
ConfidentialEmployment Status :