COMMUNITY RELATIONS SPECIALIST, General Internal Medicine, School of Medicine
COMMUNITY RELATIONS SPECIALIST, General Internal Medicine, School of MedicineTracking Code1590 Job Description
- Develop trusting relationships with community stakeholders to advance capacity for Community Engaged Research
- Represent the CTSI CE Programs in meetings with local, regional and national community stakeholders
- Use knowledge from these community relationships to inform CTSA leadership on community priorities and needs that may be supported through translational science
- Document, monitor and report on key performance indicators of community relations activities
- Engage leadership of the CE Program to plan, problem-solve and adapt the collaboration plan
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge of community context, interests, and resources to proactively identify opportunities to improve the CE Program and collaboration plan
- Engage community stakeholders to conduct existing CE research trainings and identify additional training needs of stakeholders
- Disseminate research results to community stakeholders using social media, evidence briefs and other means of communication
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3- 5 years of professional experience in either Community Engagement, Community based Marketing Communications, Public Relations Strategy, Political Campaigns, Education-based Customer Service or Sales- especially new business development- is preferred.
- Bi-lingual candidate in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole preferred
- Community facilitation skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and desktop publishing
- Working knowledge of research processes
- Highly organized administrator with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Up to 30% in state travel required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment and stand for long periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular