The UA-CVM is in its inaugural year, and as a new college, provides individuals the rare opportunity to be a member of the founding team and to help establish the culture and processes of the College of Veterinary Medicine. The mission of the University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine is to lead the profession as a student-centered program focused on developing career-ready veterinarians who will live healthy meaningful lives and serve their communities. We value an inclusive environment that fosters adaptive, innovative learners who will be successful leaders in the field of veterinary medicine. We believe in emphasizing critical thinking and evidence-based teaching to help students become skilled problem-solvers and lifelong learners. We are committed to extending The University of Arizona’s rich history of outstanding education to provide our students with the resources and knowledge that will help them succeed in all areas of life.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
The University of Arizona’s College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for the position of Administrative Associate. This position provides high quality and responsive administrative support for academic programs and faculty within the college. The successful candidates will work in an environment that is very fast-paced. Exercising initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgment are essential. The successful candidates will be competent using a variety of computer software programs; have a high proficiency and comfort in multi-tasking; possess a strong customer service orientation; and have strong oral and written communication skills. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high capacity to respond to requests in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion. This position will serve as a point of contact for many faculty and students in the college and it is imperative that all are treated with respect and feel welcome.
- Provides administrative support for academic programs (administrators, faculty, and students) including facilitating and supporting faculty - fiscal transactions (purchasing, managing receipts, completing DVs, managing reimbursements), travel (organizing travel, authorizations, reimbursements) and assisting with faculty searches.
- Supports the curriculum through course schedules, textbook adoption, classroom assignments, exam schedules, and student records utilizing appropriate software applications and university systems to ensure compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Helps develop and maintain/access complex documents.
- Independently manages systems and processes to support the smooth and timely completion of ongoing responsibilities.
- Utilizes software to improve CVM operations, customer service, and educational initiatives and provide general IT support as needed.
- Identifies, evaluates, and purchases teaching materials and supplies for courses, labs, animal management, and academic programs.
- Facilitate and/or assist with transporting of live animals for labs, lab setup, cleanup, technology, and resource allocation.
- Create and manage Qualtrics surveys, google forms, and signup genius.
- Be available to be on-site at CVM’s Oro Valley Campus and Campbell Agricultural Center as needed to provide support for essential, in-person labs.
- Performs other duties as assigned including conference, event, and educational meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, respond positively to unanticipated changes, and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Demonstrated writing/editing skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy of information.
• Proven ability to exercise discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive matters.Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Drupal skills.
- Experience with databases, calendar scheduling systems, mobile devices, working in a networked environment, and the Internet.
- Understanding of UA business manual and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or field pertinent to work
- 4 years of directly related administrative experience as preferred qualifications.