$2,288 – $3,368 per month
Facilities Management - Facilities Services
Open Until Filled
Educational and Experience Requirement
High school graduate or G.E.D. Minimum of five years experience as journey level locksmith. Experience working with electronic locks and Card Access system experience preferred. Prefer vocational training related to job duties. A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.
Nature & Purpose of Position
To provide a full range of journey level locksmith skills. To perform key duplication, repair locks, re key locks, and keep a hierarchy of key records to ensure security of facilities.
Installs and repairs locks as assigned, working from prints, sketches or verbal instruction. Planning, layout, cost estimates, and material ordering. Making keys for padlocks, doors, lockers, desks and cabinets. Selects key blanks and cuts and fits keys to locks. Unlocks locks when keys are lost or broken. Changes the combination and resets locks for more than one key. Installs, maintains, adjusts, services and resets all types of locks and locking equipment including electronic locks. Installs, programs and tests access control systems. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of all tools incidental to locksmith work. Catalogues key hierarchy in computer database. Tasks may require working at heights, in limited work spaces, and indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather. Will need to coordinate work with University contractors performing work on facilities. Must be available to work hours other than the official, standard University work day or week as scheduled or called out for emergencies or special events. Position requires driving and operating a University vehicle, therefore, a valid Texas driver license and driving record acceptable to the University’s insurance carrier is required. Uniforms and identification badges are provided by the University according to departmental policy.
Full Time Part Time
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of customer service experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- More than 1 year but less than 3 years
- More than 3 years but less than 5 years
- More than 5 years but less than 8 years
- More than 8 years
- * Are you willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends?
- * Have you ever worked for a University or College? If yes, please explain.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was "Other" please indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)