IT Enterprise Support Tech I
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
It’s an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! U.S. News & World Report ranks UMass Medical School in the top 10 percent nationwide in primary care, and this opportunity gives the right candidate the chance to be part of an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country. As a member of our Information Technology Department, you will join a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement. At UMass Medical School IT we recognize and reward independent thought and innovative ideas. We have fostered an environment where the team dynamic is embraced and collaboration and FUN are core components of our culture!
The Customer Services Technician I is an emerging role in the customer services area, field user telephone calls for Information Services support, provide assistance where possible, gather information for problem escalation.
- Under the direction of the Manager of Customer Services, staffs the Information Services Help Desk
- Responds to telephone and walk-in request for Information Services support.
- Following standard troubleshooting procedures gathers appropriate information related to user problems
- Resolves problems of limited scope
- Interacts primarily with other Help Desk staff and Manager
- Assigns or escalates more difficult user issues as appropriate
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Some college education or formal training
- 0-1 years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.