Contract Administrator II
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director or designee, the Contract Administrator II manages the administration, processing and negotiation of research grants, contracts and/or sub-awards for the institution. Facilitate partnerships with industry and sponsors. Ensure contracts are administered in compliance with institutional and governmental regulations and sponsor award terms. Serve as resource for internal and external customers providing guidance and information on contractual matters to ensure requirements for contracts are met.
- Create, review and negotiate grant applications and contract proposals reviewing for accuracy, completeness, presentation of project, and appropriate budgets.
- Review, analyze, interpret, and negotiate legally binding terms and conditions of awards. Advise faculty and UMMS staff on award terms and conditions. Prepare and process agreements, and amendments.
- Ensure all relevant documents are in compliance with respect to institution policies, federal regulations, state regulations and sponsor guidelines.
- Responsible for all aspects of the budgets related to award including review of re-budgeting requests ensuring compliance with both internal audit and sponsor guidelines.
- Oversee the generation of payments requests.
- Resolve conflicts and facilitate contract and grant revisions through discussions and correspondence with agency officers and legal personnel, University counsel, faculty and staff.
- Work with principal investigators and UMMS staff by providing advice in the preparation of responses to Requests for Applications, Program Announcements, Requests for Proposals and other special funding mechanisms by analyzing, interpreting, and explaining their unique requirements.
- Ensure the validity of data transferred to post-award financial systems and permissibility of proposed post-award budget changes. Work closely with Grant Accounting to resolve any issues.
- Participate in pre-award training and educational outreach initiatives to faculty and UMMS staff. Assists in preparation of institutional training materials and presentations.
- Perform risk management assessment and closeout audits. Facilitate process ensuring required progress and final reports are submitted.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in grant/contract preparation
- Experience in contract negotiations
- High level of oral and written communication skills with ability to interpret and communicate policies effectively
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with ability to recommend alternative solutions to complex issues with the capability of persuading others toward a course of action
- Knowledge of NIH and other Federal agency regulations
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office software, web searching, database applications, and information retrieval. PeopleSoft knowledge helpful
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to prioritize, problem solve and work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to act with discretion and judgment and maintenance of confidentiality
- OnCore & clinical research budget creation/coding experience