Administrative Associate Sr. #497321
Posting DetailsPosting Number20112016Position TitleAdministrative Associate Sr. #497321FTE1.00Position TypeStaffDepartmentEducational LeadershipJob Summary/Basic Function
Primary Daily Responsibility: Department of Educational Leadership duties
General Description: Works with the Department Chair to perform administrative support functions for the Department of Educational Leadership, which includes meeting the needs of students and faculty in undergraduate and master’s programs.
Essential Job Functions: Work requires customer service with coworkers from other organizational units in the college and over the phone for Department of Educational Leadership business via in person, email, communicating with admissions for the undergraduate/master’s programs, ensuring proper and timely submission of department forms, ordering, inventory, purchase orders, departmental communication, paperwork, etc. Perform other duties as assigned.
Resourcefulness is required to reach or adjust working agreements within departmental procedures and operating needs. Tact and judgment are requirements in obtaining or giving information of a confidential nature.
Minimum of 2 years College/Associate Degree required.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
Experience with certification programs and admissions. Ability to effectively use MS Office Programs (Word and Excel), Banner, and other registration related systems.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary$25,008Work Hours Posting Date10/14/2020Close Date10/21/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial InstructionsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education have you achieved?
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Please rate your knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Beginner - Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Word & Excel)
- Intermediate - Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Moderate - Knowledge & Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- Expert - Knowledge & Experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook))
- * How many years of secretarial/clerical experience do you have?
- 6 months to 1 year
- 2 years
- 3-4 years
- 5-6 years
- 7+ years
- Letter of Interest
- Official Transcript 1
- Official Transcript 2