Audio Visual Support Analyst I #499399
Posting DetailsPosting Number20112015Position TitleAudio Visual Support Analyst I #499399FTE1.00Position TypeStaffDepartmentIT Media ServicesJob Summary/Basic Function
Provides audio and video support for University sponsored events. Work typically involves a combination of installation, configuring, troubleshooting and maintenance of a variety of audio amplification and/or video recording equipment as well as associated post event editing tools. Assists in design, needs determination and budget analysis for equipment purchases and AV environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Perform day-to-day audio visual (AV) functions, including scheduling, troubleshooting and equipment installation / repair.
•Operate and maintain AV equipment for live events.
•Deploy new AV hardware and software. Maintain equipment as needed.
•Assist in the installation of AV equipment in classrooms.
•Research and implement best practices to resolve equipment issues.
•Respond and resolve user support requests.
•Knowledge of positive customer service technique.
•Maintain high degree of technical knowledge on technology related to audio and video through research and training to such a degree necessary to perform daily tasks, recommend products for departmental and customer purchases.
•Identifies causes of hardware and software problems and takes appropriate action to resolve problems.
•Installs, configures, upgrades, and repairs a variety of software and hardware.
•Maintains records and supplies associated with assignment.
•Collaborates and teams with others on a variety of projects.
•Evaluates technology products and recommends appropriate implementation.
•Establishes and maintains effective communication with customers, other technology specialists and vendors about services.
•Develops and maintains a positive service orientation.
•Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Technical Skills required:
•Skill in setup, installation, and operation of audio hardware and software.
•Skill in the setup, installation and operation of video hardware and software.
•Skill in providing training on technology tools and topics.
•Skill in both verbal and written communication.
•Skill in communicating with individuals from various departments across university campus as well as outside equipment vendors
•Skill in time and stress management.
Education and Experience:
•Associates degree in related area plus four years of relevant experience (a combination of relevant college course work/training plus relevant work experience may be used to total four years of experience).
•Must have at least one year of customer service experience.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
•Typical work environment is indoors in a conditioned space. There are some events which require work outdoor work
•Typical work times are 8-5 M-F. There are some events which require after hour and weekend work.
•May be required to move and lift materials and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred QualificationsSecurity Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Posting Date10/14/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial InstructionsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education that you have acheived?
- Doctoral Degree
- Masters Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Associates Degree
- Technical School Degree and/or Certificate
- Some college credit(s) obtained
- High School or GED
- * In what subject did you receive your highest degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Do you have experience and skill in using office machines (copier, fax, printer, computer, scanner, and cash register)?
- * Please rate your knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Beginner - Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Word & Excel)
- Intermediate - Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Moderate - Knowledge & Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- Expert - Knowledge & Experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook))
- Letter of Interest
- Official Transcript 1