Advisory College Learning Communities and Wellness Program Specialist at CMSRU (PSS4)
Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Ric Edelman College of Communication & Creative Arts, the Colleges of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Rowan University is committed to assisting all members of the Rowan community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on the Department of Public Safety website at: https://sites.rowan.edu/publicsafety/_docs/annual_security_report.pdf
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Department of Public Safety Office, located at Bole Hall Annex, 201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028 or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (856) 256-4562 or 4506. The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about fire statistics in Rowan University Residential Facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This information is required by federal law, Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or "Clery Act" and is provided by the Rowan University Department of Public Safety.
Nondiscrimination at Rowan University: Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and supporting regulations, Rowan does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education programs or activities that it operates; this extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its supporting regulations may be directed to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education or to the University’s Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator:
Monise Princilus, Ed.S.
Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator
Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Office of Student Equity & Compliance
Savitz Hall, Suite 203
201 Mullica Hill Rd, Glassboro, NJ 08028
For information on the Title IX Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault policy and grievance procedures, please click here.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Advisory College Learning Communities and Wellness Program Specialist at CMSRU (PSS4)
Job no: 494794
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Camden, New Jersey
The position will support the Office of Student Affairs and will primarily focus on current and new initiatives in support of program development, management, and coordination of the Advisory College Learning Communities and Wellness initiatives. In this role, the individual must exercise independent judgment and maintain confidential and sensitive materials. The successful candidate will work with respective parties in the Office of Student Affairs, reporting to the Chief Student Affairs Officer.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and organizational skills in planning, implementing, managing projects, performing duties as needed surrounding the Advisory College Learning Communities and Wellness Programming
- Provide support to the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Director of Student Affairs and the Executive Director of the Advisory Colleges in developing existing and launching new advisory college initiatives
- Manages Advisory College Budget and budgetary processing; provides Chief Student Affairs Officer, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, and Director of Students budgetary reports
- Manage and coordinate Advisory College events and activities, including off campus events, performing administrative duties as necessary
- Provide support in managing projects and performing duties as needed surrounding match to residency support; manages the collection of student time-sensitive data surrounding residency applications
- Provide support in scheduling of Office of Student Affairs calendar and Residency Ready Series
- Oversee institutional access to external databases utilized in support of residency match programming
- Coordinate all Advisory College Learning Community events
- Provide identification, development and coordination of Wellness opportunities for CMSRU medical students; collaborate with Student Interest Groups to promote wellness programming
- Serve as a liaison, providing external representation for CMSRU Wellness initiatives with Cooper University Healthcare, the Student Assistance Program, and Rowan University
- Provide oversight to the CMSRU Faculty and Staff Wellness Committee including planning, scheduling and attending meetings
- Provide oversight to the CMSRU Student Wellness Committee including planning, scheduling and attending meetings
- Serve as administrative support for the CMSRU Positive Learning Committee
- Perform program assessment through data collection and surveying of students, faculty, and staff, critically analyze results to develop actionable plans for improvement in satisfaction and engagement
- Perform administrative and event support for the Office of Student Affairs as needed
- Ability to be an independent, responsible self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Additional position information: Occasional evening hours are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an education, science or health related field
- Minimum of (1) one year of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent work ethic
- Ability to handle multiple demands while maintaining flexibility and adaptability
- Advanced organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Webex, Zoom, Google Meet, Google Docs/Drive and data entry
- Ability to interact and work effectively with students, faculty, staff and external constituencies from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Master’s degree in education, science or health related field
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in program coordination/administration at an institution of higher education or business environment
- Previous work in a medical school or healthcare environment
- Experience with Wellness Programming
- Experience with managing high stakes, high visibility projects
- Previous work with data analysis and quality improvement
- Familiarity with Disability Services
Advertised: Oct 14 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 26 2020 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time