Posting DetailsJob TitleResource NavigatorDepartmentTitle IX SupportFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeRequisition NumberS21130Open Date10/14/2020Close Date10/21/2020Salary Information
$37,100 – $48,000/yearWork Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Some evening and weekends as needed.
The SAFE Office resource navigator provides case management and outreach programming / community level social services for Rice students. The resource navigator will provide support to students who have experienced or have been accused of interpersonal violence, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, and stalking.Education RequiredBachelor's DegreeMajor/Discipline
Health education, social work, public health, or other related field.Substitution for Education RequirementExperience may not be substituted for the education requirement.Education Preferred
Bachelor’s degree in social work.Experience Required1 yearType of Experience
Related experience in providing domestic and sexual violence services.Substitution for Experience RequirementEducation may not be substituted for the experience requirement.Experience Preferred
Experience working with college populations, persons who have experienced interpersonal violence, LGBTQ+ populations, or addressing social issues of young adults.License/Certification RequiredLicense/Certification Preferred
LBSW, LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFTSkills Required
- Knowledge of case management models
- Knowledge of social services in culturally diverse young adult populations
- Communicate effectively; work with individuals; present to large groups; computer literate-especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Google Drive and Zoom.
Excellent presentation skills.Internal / External Contacts
Internal Contacts: The incumbent has consistent contact with students engaged in Title IX programs, as well as collaborative relationships with student leaders and frequent contact with staff and faculty on University committees and collaboratives.
External Contacts: The incumbent has occasional contact with outside professionals and organizations.Physical Demands
Must be able to work in front of a computer for up to eight hours a day.Working Conditions
- 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
- Some evenings and weekends
Position is not considered essential during a campus emergency.Rice University Standard of Civility
Serves as a representative of the University, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Rice community and with the public.Security Sensitive
As defined under the Texas Education Code and Rice Policy No. 425, this position is security sensitive and employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://jobs.rice.edu/postings/24827Essential Functions
- Provides navigation services to students who have experienced or have been accused of interpersonal violence
- Assists in providing case management for students whose behavior, academic progress, or mental or physical impairment indicate a need for assistance, identifies students’ problems and arranges for needed services, both on and off campus
- Provides support, guidance, case management, information, and accompaniments for students
- Maintains case history records and prepare reports when necessary
- Employee may be assigned or required to perform additional duties to the benefit of the department or University
- Assists in creating and delivering sexual violence prevention outreach programming / community level social services for Rice students, faculty, staff, students and their families as needed, based on the current needs of the University
- Teaches a class on dynamics of interpersonal violence and prevention
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor’s degree or higher in health education, social work, public health, or other related field?
- * Do you have one year of related experience in providing domestic and sexual violence services?