Financial Aid Advisor
Posting DetailsPosting Number:Regular_0091132Position Title:Financial Aid AdvisorClassification TitleStudent Services CoordinatorMin Salary$ 56,718Max Salary$ 65,225Salary TypeAnnuallyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:Position Summary:
Financial aid advisors counsel students and their families on financial aid options. You will process FAFSA and alternative loan applications, conduct verification process and analyze documents (federal tax returns, proof of citizenship, selective service, special requests, verification sheets, etc.) to determine eligibility, evaluate each student’s Satisfactory Academic Progress, and troubleshoot problems and various issues that occur daily. You will award all grants and scholarships, monitor budget of NC Childcare Grant, elect recipients, and maintain program eligibility and requirements. You will be required to interpret regulations to stay in compliance on a Federal and State level. Financial Aid Administrators must be able to quickly adjust to frequent change and maintain efficiency without creating barriers for students.Staff Required Education/Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Human Services related fieldFaculty Required Education/Experience Skills:Desired Education/Experience/Skills:
NSLDS, COD, FAA Access experience
Excellent customer service skills needed, excellent computer skills (EXCEL), basic understanding of budgeting, ability to use discretion in daily work and good decision making skills, communication skills are keyDepartment:Financial Aid - NorthWork Hours:
Evening hours and some weekend hours are required.Posting Date:10/14/2020Closing Date:10/30/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1. Provides information to students on Federal and State educational program and financial aid benefits, applicable rules regarding benefits, academic progress policies, and institutional policies regarding financial aid.Duty and Responsibility:
2. Collects, reviews, evaluates, and verifies financial aid data and documents submitted by students.Duty and Responsibility:
3. Processes student financial aid information, which includes: verifying and determining student eligibility for applicable Federal and State aid programs; determining dollar amounts for each type of aid based on student budgets and financial need; and performing related activities.Duty and Responsibility:
4. Prepares a variety of correspondence including award letters, applications, records, and/or other related documents. Maintains records and databases.Duty and Responsibility:
5. Facilitates Private/Alternative Loan program. Loan default management.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field?
- * How many years of experience do you have working in the Datatel Colleague Internet Application?
- 0 - 2
- 2 - 5
- * How many years of work experience do you have working in the Financial Aid field?
- 0 - 3
- 4 - 6
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Transcript 2