Cook (Food Service Specialist - 9mth)
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleCook (Food Service Specialist - 9mth)DepartmentUNT-Dining-Residential-163720Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary
Join the University of North Texas Dining Department where fresh is “in”! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms – no convenience foods.
Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen’s chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it’s our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
To provide high quality of items on serving line throughout each meal service. This includes each item prepared daily. Maintains proper temperature of foods. Uses a thermometer to check temp for each item served per Food Department policy.Minimum Qualifications
One year experience in institutional or commercial food service.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change).
• Knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils.
• Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures.
• Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
- Food Service Cooking Experience.
- Great work ethics.
- Eager to excel and grow with our exciting UNT Dining Operations.
Hours vary.Driving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleFood Service Specialist - 9mthPhysical RequirementsCarrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Crawling, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Lifting or moving up to 75 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear Job Duties o
1. Has a perfect attendance record; arrives prepared to begin work at scheduled starting time daily.o
2. When absent or tardy, calls manager or supervisor prior to shift beginning as outlined in Food Department policy.o
3. does not have excessive absenteeism in accordance with Food Department policy.o
4. Employee always wears a clean and neat uniform which includes name tag and skid resistant shoes. (Daily; ZERO EXCEPTIONS)o
5. Exceeds grooming standards as defined in Food Department policy on a daily basis.o
1. Tastes products to verify quality of each item served for each meal period daily.o
2. Monitors and assures quality of items on serving line throughout the meal service. This includes each item prepared daily. (ZERO EXCEPTIONS)o
3. Maintains proper temperature of foods. Uses a thermometer to check temp for each item served per Food Department policy. (ZERO EXCEPTIONS)o
4. Follows all HAACP guidelines as they relate to specific job responsibilities (ZERO EXCEPTIONS)o
5. Contributes to the success of the department by using positive statements about the Food Department and coworkers.o
6. Portions food items according to recipe instructions or unit manager.o
1. Proactively seeks additional work and responsibilities.o
2. Performs additional work without being instructed to do so.o
3. Produces high quality work with exceptional efficiency at each meal daily.o
4. Often completes tasks ahead of schedule.o
1. Is effective and friendly in communication with team members and customers; is positive and enthusiastic at all the time.o
2. Anticipates, takes ownership, and satisfies customers, fellow team members, and management needs and concerns.Posting NumberS1227PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/40098Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have one year experience in institutional or commercial food service?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation