Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleRegistrar CoordinatorDepartmentUNT-Registrar-165001Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary Commensurate With ExperienceDepartment Summary
The Registrar’s Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree
verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of student academic records, as well as handles state and federal
The Registrar Coordinator assists with the coordination of various aspects of registration, student records, and customer service to the UNT community. This position manages administration and maintenance of a variety of reports associated with state reporting and special projects assigned by an Assistant Registrar.Minimum Qualifications
Associate’s Degree and two years of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in MS Office and other related technologies or ability to quickly assimilate.
• Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing, evaluating facts to trouble shoot issues.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers, filing and recordkeeping, English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation and basic math.
• Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures ability to quickly assimilate.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Quality customer service skills, responsible, dependable, and professional.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate services.
- Flexibility to change tasks quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking a plus
Mon-Fri 8-5 with some overtimeDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleRegistrar CoordinatorPhysical RequirementsCarrying, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Talk or Hear Job Duties o
Discovers and recommends new and improved procedures. Finds more efficient ways to accomplish goals.o
Assist students, faculty, and staff in person, via email, and via phone in resolving questions and problems.o
Efficiently process student records requests, meningitis records, enrollment transactions and verifications, FERPA release and withhold directory information forms, and other customer service requests.o
Train, manage, and facilitate customer service best practices to customer service area student workers. Consistently updates documentation in an accurate, thorough and well-organized way.o
Assists with the coordination related to the committee on petitions for late and retroactive drops.o
Scan, audit, and link documents for processing in Perceptive Content workflow.Posting NumberS1206PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39993Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references