Associate Vice President & Communications and Marketing
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Classification TitleAssc VP, Comm & MarketingPosting TitleAssociate Vice President & Communications and MarketingDepartmentHSC-Marketing and Communications-380000Job LocationFort WorthDepartment Summary
The Office of Institutional Advancement and Communications oversees all HSC communication and advancement activity. This includes fundraising, external affairs, marketing, brand identity, and academic communications.Salary InformationCommensurate with experiencePosition Summary
The UNT Health Science Center (HSC) Associate Vice President & Communications and Marketing (AVP) will be a high performing professional, who thinks strategically outside the box to establish and burnish an institutional brand and reputation that will have meaning and be memorable to our external and internal audiences. Reporting to the SVP, Marketing and Communications, the AVP will provide strategic and execution guidance on marketing and communication that simultaneously accomplishes short-term and long-term institutional goals with multiple targeted internal and external audiences. The AVP should embrace intelligent risk taking. The AVP shall be prepared to effectively work directly with high performing clinical, academic, research and student-focused HSC leaders. The AVP shall be prepared to understand important and diverse external audiences, including prospective students, prospective faculty members, former students, corporate, family and foundation donors, local and state healthcare, physician and business leaders, and local, regional and national thought leaders in entrepreneurship, biotechnology, customer service, higher education and public-private partnerships.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required, plus at least 5 years’ experience and functional expertise in senior leadership and/or entrepreneurship
• Experience in successfully working with senior leadership who have demonstrated success in rapidly evolving public and private sector environments
• Proven track record as a strategic senior leader in rapidly evolving environments
• Strong grasp of the latest marketing and communications channels and trends (social media, interactive portals, etc.) and tactics for effective use of each.
• Prior experience aligning a marketing and communications function for optimal service and support within a highly decentralized and diversified environment where multiple competing priorities must be considered.
• Demonstrated success in managing communications and marketing team, including goal setting, defining metrics, team development, coaching and evaluation.
• Advanced degree.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Driving University VehicleNoFull Time/Part TimeWork Schedule
M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm, occasional evenings and weekendsPosting NumberE020PSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/38063Position End Date (if temporary)Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years’ experience and functional expertise in senior leadership and/or entrepreneurship?
- Cover Letter