Posting DetailsPosition TitlePersonal CounselorPosting NumberSta00606Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypeFull-TimeBenefits Available YesNature of Work
The Personal Counselor has primary responsibility for providing short-term personal counseling to the general student population of the College. This is a full-time professional staff position and reports to the Director of Counseling and Disability Services. Occasional evening work and travel is required.Essential Duties
- Provides short-term personal and crisis intervention counseling to students and provides referrals for long-term personal counseling needs.
- Coordinates with off-campus agencies to provide referral services to students and/or enhanced awareness of services to faculty and staff.
- Assists the Director of Counseling and Disability Services to ensure students with disabilities are accommodated in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other laws which pertain to persons with disabilities and those services are consistent with applicable Board of Regents Policies and Procedures. Also provides guidance to faculty, staff, and administration regarding the delivery of such services and programs.
- Maintains accurate records on all counseling and disability students and activities, ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations related to confidentiality.
- Prepares correspondence, documents, fliers, and other communications pertinent to student services duties.
- Participates in professional meetings and conferences to update knowledge and maintain credentials.
- Travel to the Camden Center to assist with counseling and disability services is required.
- Provides assistance with the Orientation program for new students.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in counseling, clinical psychology or a related field and a minimum of three years related experience.
- Current license in Georgia as a counselor or social worker (LPC or LCSW) is required.
- Knowledge of the laws that pertain to providing counseling services and maintaining student records.
- Ability to interview clients, assist in analyzing problems and develop appropriate coping strategies.
- Excellent communication and intrapersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to develop and implement related programs, services and activities.
- A commitment to providing services in accordance with the stated mission, goals, objectives and priorities of the College and the Office of Counseling and Disability Services.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date10/14/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Are you currently licensed as an LPC or LCSW in the state of Georgia?
- * Do you have previous work experience in higher education?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Cover Letter