Peer Note Taker - Office of Disability Services
Posting DetailsStudent Employment TypeStudent AssistantPosition TitlePeer Note Taker - Office of Disability ServicesPosting NumberStu00751Recruitment TypeCCGA Students OnlyNature of Work
Provide support to students with disabilities registered with the Office of Disability Services by providing them with copies of class lecture notes.
This is a part-time student position reporting to the Director of Counseling and Disability Services. The work schedule will be assigned in conjunction with the student’s class schedule. Students are not to work outside of normally scheduled class time.Essential Duties
- Remain in the course throughout the semester
- Attend every class meeting
- Find replacement notes for the other student in the event that you miss class or if you miss any of the content presented for any reason
- Provide legible, accurate and complete notes
- Provide copies of your notes to the instructor or the classmate immediately at the end of each class period
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Understand of the importance of confidentiality and ability to uphold these standards
- Ability to set and maintain healthy boundaries
- Dependable, reliable and mature
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong reading comprehension skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Keyboarding/word processing skills if required by the specific position
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date09/01/2020Close Date05/31/2021Open Until FilledNoPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CCGA during the semester for which this position would employ you?
- Cover Letter