College Work Study - Library
Posting DetailsStudent Employment TypeCollege Work StudyPosition TitleCollege Work Study - LibraryPosting NumberStu00746Recruitment TypeCCGA Students OnlyNature of Work
This is a 19 ½ hours per week maximum part time student position. The student works primarily at the Circulation Desk providing assistance to library patrons. The student helps with daily clerical duties and special projects to support the staff of the Library. The student in this position must be dependable, credible, reliable, and personable. Weekend and/or evening hours will be required.
The weekly schedule will be assigned in conjunction with the student’s class schedule. Student employees are not to work during scheduled class times, even if classes are cancelled or dismissed early.
- Check in/out books and reserve materials (training will be provided).
- Provide library information to library patrons.
- Answer the telephone.
- Instruct patrons in the use of photocopy and reader/printer equipment.
- Shelve books (training will be provided).
- Other duties and special projects as needed
College Work Study eligible persons will have received an Award Letter in Coast and will need to upload that letter to the documents area when applying to this job. Follow the instruction in the “Special Instructions to Applicant” area to locate your Award Letter.
Additional requirements include:
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours for the semester you are employed.
- Must enjoy working with library patrons.
- Must be able to type accurately.
- Must be willing to accommodate varied and/or flexible scheduling.
- Must provide great customer service to students, faculty, staff, and visitors
Customer service experience is beneficial.Work Hours 19 ½ hrs. or less based on student's schedule and library needs.Special Instructions to Applicants
Upload a copy of your Financial Aid award letter for the Aid Year in which you are seeking employment. You will upload it in the documents area of the employment application. To locate your award letter follow the instructions below:
- Log into COAST via the my.CCGA portal
- Click on Financial Aid
- Click on My Award Information
- Award By Aid Year
- Select the Aid Year and click submit (Please use aid year for which you are seeking employment)
- Select the Award Overview tab and scroll to the bottom to show your award for the year.
- Press PrtScn (print screen) on your keyboard to copy then paste your award information into a word document to save.
- Upload it to the documents area when applying for the job.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date08/21/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- What is your student ID number?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Coast Award Letter