Student Assistant Office of Disability Services
Posting DetailsStudent Employment TypeStudent AssistantPosition TitleStudent Assistant Office of Disability ServicesPosting NumberStu00732Recruitment TypeCCGA Students OnlyNature of Work
Assist the professional staff of the Office of Counseling and Disability Services with routine clerical tasks and simple projects.
This is a 19 hour per week maximum, part-time student assistant position reporting to the Director of Counseling and Disability Services. The weekly schedule will be assigned by the supervisor in conjunction with the student’s class schedule. The work schedule is subject to change between semesters or as needed. Students are not to work during scheduled class time, even if class is cancelled or dismissed early.
- Proctor exams and/or assist students taking exams in the Office of Disability Services
- Return completed exams to various offices across campus
- Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate professional staff
- Perform various office tasks including making copies, typing, shredding paper, organizing supplies, assisting with programs
- Run errands on campus
- Assist students in using assistive technology when needed
- Must have flexibility in schedule and be available to work between the hours of 7am-6pm
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and ability to uphold these standards
- Ability to set and maintain healthy boundaries
- Dependable, reliable and mature
- Must be enrolled in at least six credit hours
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills/detail oriented
- Experience working with individuals with learning, physical and/or psychological disabilities
- Keyboarding/word processing skills
- Skill in designing flyers, brochures and other marketing materials
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to concurrently manage co-/extra-curricular and curricular responsibilities
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date08/07/2020Close Date05/31/2021Open Until FilledNoPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- Is Psychology your major discipline?
- Cover Letter