Associate Dean for Academic Programs
Posting DetailsPosting NumberPG190546EPInternal Recruitment NoWorking TitleAssociate Dean for Academic ProgramsAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with education and experience.Work ScheduleMon - Fri, evenings and weekends as neededJob LocationRaleigh, NCDepartment MBA ProgramAbout the Department
The Poole College of Management is young, agile, and innovative. The College is also deeply rooted in NC State’s history as a university that excels at science, technology, engineering, and math. The result: a dynamic research and learning environment for our students and our partners in business and industry. The faculty brings two more ingredients to the mix: real-world experience and a passion for enabling others to succeed.
This has led to the creation of research-learning initiatives like our Business Sustainability Collaborative, Enterprise Risk Management Initiative and Supply Chain Resource Collaborative, among others. For companies large and small, non-profits, and governments, they are a bridge that connects research and best practice.
For its 3,500+ students, Poole is at the forefront of business education, providing experiential learning that prepares career-ready graduates. The ongoing success of the College has been reflected in its remarkable rise in national reputation since its founding in 1992.Essential Job Duties
The Associate Dean of Academic Programs is a core member of the Poole College of Management senior leadership team and oversees all academic programs in the Poole College of Management.
The Poole College currently is home to the following academic programs, all of which fall under the purview of the Associate Dean for Academic Programs:
- BS in Business Administration
- BS in Accounting
- BS and BA in Economics
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Management
- Masters in Economics
- PhD in Economics.
Primary duties of the Associate Dean include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading the strategic planning process and execution for all academic programs in the Poole College.
- Working closely with other members of the College’s Executive Team to create new programs and new and updated curricula to meet the ever changing demands of the educational marketplace in which Poole College competes.
- Serving as a non-voting member of the College’s Graduate Programs Committee and also serves as a non-voting member on other key curriculum committees including the MBA curriculum committee.
- Representing the college in academic matters across the university and externally with key stakeholders.
- Provides oversight for the College’s portfolio of Graduate Certificate Programs.
- Overseeing the budgets for each of the academic programs.
- Providing guidance with regard to academic exceptions and curricular review including withdrawals, course exceptions, grading status, transfer equivalencies, etc.
- Representing PCOM with the Graduate School, DASA, Associate Deans group, and various university curriculum committees.
- Overseeing the College’s Assurance of Learning processes as required for accreditation with AACSB and SACS.
In addition, the Associate Dean for Academic Programs has the following direct reports:
- Assistant Dean Undergraduate Programs
- Assistant Dean MBA
- Director MM Global Luxury Management
- In addition the Associate Dean provides leadership and oversight to the Directors of the other academic programs including the Master of Accounting (housed in the Accounting Department), the Master of Economics (housed in the Economics Department), and the PhD in Economics (housed jointly in the Economics Department and the Department of Agriculture and Resource Economics in CALS).
- Represent Poole College, as needed, at College and University events.
- Regularly engage with key external stakeholders including prospective students, parents, alumni, corporate partners, Poole College Board of Advisors and community leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Doctoral degree in a business related field with a minimum of three (3) years or greater of academic leadership experience.
- Experienced faculty member with a research record commensurate with that of a tenured full professor in a business discipline.
- The Poole College of Management is seeking a candidate with experience in all areas of undergraduate education delivery in a business school environment.
- The successful candidate will have a cooperative leadership style with a proven ability to craft a strategic direction and vision and lead a team towards a common goal.
- Candidates must show a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders and should have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
Demonstrated experience leading in an academic environment is required.
- Commitment to creating an environment that emphasizes the importance of inclusion of diverse peoples and perspectives across all aspects of the college.
- The successful candidate will have a collaborative leadership style with proven strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must show a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders, and should have a proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience and understanding of the online education market is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and building programs in a research focused business school.
- A strong understanding of the workings of a large land grant university and the ability to forge partnerships inside and outside of the university.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an environment that emphasizes the importance of inclusion of diverse peoples and perspectives across all aspects of the college.
- Experience leading or managing a large team with varied responsibilities across multiple units or departments.
- Experience with developing, launching and managing high performing academic programs.
N/AValid NC Driver's License requiredNoCommercial Driver's License requiredNoJob Open Date06/17/2020Anticipated Close DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application please submit a resume / curriculum vitae, cover letter, and the contact information for at least three professional references.Position Number00000962Position TypeSAAO Tier IIFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.00Appointment12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherMandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency EventsMandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoDepartment ID200201 - MBA ProgramAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Contact Information for References
- Cover Letter