1. Currently admitted to the Graduate School
2. Be in good academic standing
3. Be registered full-time for the respective semester (nine semester credit hours during the fall
semester, nine semester credit hours during spring semester, six semester credit hours during the
summer session(s)), or in the required number of semester credit hours to fulfill the only remaining requirements on the degree plan.
● Assist in the creation of high quality graphic assets including digital content, print media, and online promotions
● Assist with managing social media channels and the distribution and cross-channel placement of marketing materials
● Maintain tracking report of outreach and marketing efforts
● Perform other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will be a dependable self-starter who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work comfortably with tight deadlines, and possess a working knowledge of web content and social media. Preference will be given to those with skills or experience in digital marketing, content creation, graphic design, social media, and/or video production. Intermediate level skills with Microsoft are a plus.
• Must be a full-time graduate student (9 hours during the Fall or Spring semester and 6 hours during Summer months)
• Able to work well with diverse groups of people and have excellent communication skills
• Experience with business development related activities
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop or other graphic design tools preferred
• Must be able to work independently with little supervision
Graduate Student – Business Administration with marketing background or Mass Communication with Video Editing skills preferred.Salary Number of Vacancies2Desired Start Date10/01/2020EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Open Date09/21/2020Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25799Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- List of 3 References
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Multi Media