Postdoctoral Scholar- Halbrook Lab
Postdoctoral Scholar- Halbrook Lab Recruitment Period
Open date: October 14th, 2020
Next review date: Saturday, Nov 14, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Halbrook lab at UCI is looking to fill multiple postdoctoral scholar positions. We are looking for highly motivated and collaborative postdoctoral fellows interested in studying:
1) Metabolic and signaling pathways driving the pathogenesis and maintenance of pancreatic cancer.
2) Crosstalk interactions among cells in the tumor microenvironment, heterogeneity in these populations.
3) Links between metabolic mechanisms driving fibrosis and immune suppression in cancer and chronic inflammation.
Research in the Halbrook Lab is centered on identifying critical mechanisms shaping the formation and maintenance of the primary and metastatic tumor microenvironment and developing tools to disrupt these interactions to enable effective therapy. In addition, we are interested in understanding the links between tissue regeneration and inflammation underscoring chronic pancreatic disease and cancer. More information about the lab can be found here : https://faculty.sites.uci.edu/halbrooklab/
• PhD in cancer biology, chemical biology, or other related field and at least two publications in a PubMed indexed journal.
• Research experience working with animals, flow cytometry, single cell sequencing / analysis is preferred but not required.
• Proven track record of troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and bring projects to completion.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to learn new approaches
• Collaborative approach to science
For more information about this position, contact Dr. Halbrook at [email protected].
Qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, cover letter (a brief statement of research accomplishments and interests) and the names and contact information of three references to the following on-line recruitment URL, applications will be considered until positions are filled.
UCI provides excellent support for postdocs (https://grad.uci.edu/about-us/postdoctoral-scholars/), which includes the development of leadership and teaching skills, career development, and full benefits. Several childcare services are available on campus. UCI campus is located at a driving distance to Los Angeles and San Diego, and 15 minutes away from the ocean.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.Job locationIrvine, CARequirementsDocument requirements
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)