Assistant or Associate Professor of Operations/Analytics
Job VacancyFunctional TitleAssistant or Associate Professor of Operations/AnalyticsJob Description Summary
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The workload is split into teaching 6 courses per year, research and scholarly activities, and community service and community engagement. Faculty is expected to teach Big Data Analytics with Hadoop, Structured Query Language (SQL), and Relational Database Management in the Master of Science in Data Analytics. In addition, the faculty member is expected to teach in the Master in Business Administration and the undergraduate business program.Minimum Qualifications
1. Ph.D. in operations or closely related field from an institution accredited by AACSB. Doctoral candidates with a near completion are encouraged to apply. Applicants with a PhD in computer science with an emphasis on big data and relational databases are encouraged to apply.
2. Candidates should have a strong commitment to teaching excellence. Experience working with a diverse student body is desirable.
3. Candidates should have a well-defined research agenda and potential to publish in quality peer-review journals within the area of expertise.
4. Any relevant practical industry experience is a plusPreferred QualificationsBenefits Summary
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.U.S. News & World Report rates La Verne Online No. 1 in California for the third consecutive year and 24th best in the country. Washington Monthly’s 2016 “America’s Best Colleges for Adult Learners” rankings place La Verne No. 3 among private, 4-year institutions in California.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).LocationLa Verne Central CampusPosting Number2018-190178FASpecial Instructions to Applicants
Interested candidates should submit all required documents which includes, but not limited to; cover letter, current curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy and graduate transcripts.
Optional documents includes, but not limited to; resume, research agenda, student evaluations, samples of published research.
2-3 Letters of Recommendation: Reference contact information will be added in the application process. An auto-generated message with response link will be sent to email address provided.Open DateClose DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Agenda
- Student Evaluations
- Samples of Published Research
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3