Head Men's Soccer Coach (Part-time)
Head Men's Soccer Coach (Part-time)
Salary: $52.94 - $66.34 Hourly
Job Type: Adjunct Faculty
Job Number: 202010141
Closing: 10/28/2020 5:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced, CA
Salary: $8,000 stipend, plus 7 units paid hourly ($52.94 - $66.34 hourly)
(additional compensation for doctorate)
Closing Date: October 28, 2020, 5:00 pm, PST
Beginning Date: Approximately January 2021
Interviews tentatively scheduled for mid to late November
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Founded in 1962, the college serves more than 16,000 students with room to expand on its 267acre main campus and 120 acre Los Banos site. Merced, incorporated in 1889, offers historical sites, affordable housing, access to the Bay Area and Sacramento, and is the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra mountains as well as home to the University of California Merced campus. Our tree-shaded, growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county.
Merced College Vision
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.
Merced College Mission
Growing our community through education and workforce training:
- lifelong learning
- basic skills
- career technical education
- degree/certificate programs
General Description: This is a part-time coaching assignment in the Athletics area at Merced College under the general direction of the Athletic Director.
Examples of Duties
- Provide instruction, mentoring, and coaching to student athletes in the skills, techniques, and competitive strategies necessary for individual and team achievement of athletic standards of performance
- Evaluate individual and team performance and refine individual and team strategies throughout the season
- Assist in planning and scheduling competitions, tournaments, and events in collaboration with coaches within and outside of the conference and in concert with academic schedules, District policy, and California Community College Commission on Athletics (CCCAA)/conference regulations
- Establish and maintain safety standards to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Create a positive atmosphere for the student-athletes; support academic progress, retention, and matriculation of student-athletes through mentoring activities; refer student-athletes to support services, programs, resources, and other professionals as appropriate; maintain confidential student-athlete information
- Assist with the recruiting process in compliance with CCCAA regulations to identify and attract promising student-athletes
- Provide referrals to prospective student-athletes to academic and student services as appropriate
- Ensure program compliance within the subject sports program with CCCAA regulations; establish and monitor effective procedures to ensure staff and student-athletes comply with such requirements; communicate the disciplinary or corrective consequences of violations as set forth in the provisions of enforcement procedures; report violations of regulations to the Athletic Director and/or appropriate administrator
- Provide instruction in accordance with established course outlines and expectations
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance policy
- Maintain required student attendance and scholastic records
- Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations
- Post and maintain regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy
- Participate in the development and review of curriculum
- Participate in the development of teaching-learning methods and materials
- Participate in departmental, area and campus professional activities/committees
- Participate in the college's learning outcomes assessment program, including course, program, and institutional assessments
- Perform tasks needed for student records, e.g., submit grades on time to admissions and records
- Any bachelor's degree and two years of professional experience in the field (Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field, Volleyball, or Water Polo)
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience in the field
- The equivalent
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- Coaching experience at college level
- Current skills related to teaching and a willingness to pursue excellence in teaching and learning
How to Apply:
Candidates will submit a complete application on the Merced College Career Pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/promotionaljobs.
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- List of five professional references
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- Diversity Statement: Provide a statement about yourself that specifically demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large. Your response is limited to one (1) page.
- OPTIONAL: Equivalency Review Form, if applicable. (Required for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency) http://www.mccd.edu/offices/hr/jobs/eqforms.html
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Interview Information: Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee which includes a teaching demonstration on a selected topic. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all interviews will be scheduled via Zoom. Candidates are required to ensure access to the necessary technology to participate in a Zoom interview.
Employee Benefits: Sick leave, faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. An applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/2885705/head-mens-soccer-coach-part-time
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency