Management Analyst, Division of Student Services - Part Time
Management Analyst, Division of Student Services - Part Time
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 10/27/2020
West Valley College is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Management Analyst.
West Valley College, though just minutes from the heart of the Silicon Valley, is in a beautiful park-like setting on 143 wooded acres. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Under the direction of a Student Services Dean, this position serves as a vital link between the College's student success objectives and the West Valley-Mission Community College District's technological capabilities. The analyst will provide supervision and coordinate staff duties as assigned. The analyst will provide expert cross-functional technology and reporting solutions for the College's Student Support Services division from a business processes perspective with a focus on maximizing institutional efficiency and effectiveness. The analyst will work closely and collaboratively with all division areas, Student Services and the Office of Instruction.
A special focus is made in two areas: (a) strengthening the capacity to dis-aggregate data for analysis and closing critical gaps in connectivity of information systems; and (b) enhancing the college's ability to effectively and efficiently monitor student progress from recruitment/admission through retention/education goal completion. The analyst works systematically to clean “dirty” data, find/recover missing elements/sources, and import/export data from external sources, including California State Admissions and national databases, internal data warehouses and programs (e.g., SARS or another software program like Cranium Cafe), and the District's student enterprise system. Reports and data files are developed and produced using recognized data warehouse software tools. Instructional and non instructional reports are generated. Creation and maintenance of business process mapping of student, staff and college momentum points and cycles is completed by the analyst.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
64% of full time, 24 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of December 14, 2020. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Student Services, West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $4,189-$4,580 monthly (salary shown is prorated for 64% of full-time, WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 70, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents (prorated for employees working less than 100% of full-time).
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually. (prorated for employees working less than 100%).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually (prorated for employees working less than 100%).
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, social science, computer science, or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible technical or professional administrative experience in a college or university environment.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct administrative and operational analysis; recommend solutions based on findings.
- Design, develop, and coordinate implementation and evaluation of departmental administrative and operational systems and procedures.
- Create and maintain databases from a variety of internal and external sources; monitor development and input of data.
- Monitor and analyze changes to laws, regulations, and procedures relative to area of assignment; interpret, explain, and disseminate information on pertinent regulations to administrators, faculty and staff.
- May provide leadership and coordination of projects in area of assignment; liaison with other district and/or college departments and divisions, faculty and administrators to ensure updated information is available and presented on web site.
- Provide work direction and assessment to technical and administrative support staff and students.
- Audit, input and validate relevant data in various software programs; use content management system to help maintain website, maintain college events calendar, digital signage, social media, and external advertising, produce materials for class schedule and collateral material
- Coordinate a variety of information and resources for department administrators and faculty.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of federal, state, district, and college reports and surveys.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency