Research Analyst, Sports Management
Research Analyst, Sports Management🔍Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Oct 14, 2020 Post Date📅87541 Requisition #This is a one-year fixed term position at 50% FTE.Stanford Graduate School of Business Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.We are looking for a Research Analyst interested in the analytical worlds of sports and entrepreneurship. Special focus is on statistical analysis of qualitative and quantitative data. The successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a group, with minimal supervision, in an entrepreneurial environment. The Analyst must have meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational/time management skills; he/she is a critical thinker and a resourceful problem solver. Your primary responsibilities include:
- Analyze large quantitative and qualitative data bases using statistical analysis toolsPrepare course handout materials for sports management coursesMay assist in administration of sports management courses. Create and/or advise in the development of curriculum. May advise students and/or interact with third-party representatives.
- Write and/or edit complex content for proposals, research grants, peer-reviewed publications, and other program activities.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
- A bachelor's degree that includes statistical coursework. Excellent analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
- Ability to develop program partnerships.
- Good applied statistical skills, such as distributions, statistical testing.Experience with linear regression and logistics regression.Ability to use and interpret topic decision models such as LDA (Latent Dirichlet Allocation) models.Expert proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.Familiarity with large datasets and tools for analysis: STATA, SAS, SQL, Python, etc.
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4288
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87541