Assistant Director of Student Awards
Assistant Director of Student Awards🔍Undergraduate Admissions: Financial Aid Office: Visitor Information Services, Stanford, California, United States📁Student Services📅Oct 14, 2020 Post Date📅87543 Requisition #Assistant Director of Student Awards
Job Code: 7628
Job Grade: F
FTE: 100%, Exempt
Financial Aid Office: Offices of Undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid and Visitor Information Services
- Analyzing applications and completing need analyses for a high volume of financial aid applications using a thorough understanding of both the philosophy and the detailed procedures of institutional and federal need analysis methodologies.
- Reviewing detailed financial documents, including tax returns, for accuracy of reported financial information.
- Applying professional judgment and knowledge of institutional and federal policies in determining the most appropriate and equitable decisions, reviewing appeals on changes in student or family financial condition.
- Determining student awards based on computed financial need and other factors, adjusting budget and package based on special circumstances.
- Communicating complex financial and other information to students and parents and possibly donors or other agencies in a clear, timely and professional manner, providing referral to other departments when necessary, and remaining available as a resource for future questions.
- Corresponding with parents and students in writing and via email regarding revision requests.
- Collaborating with university staff in other offices to resolve complex student issues.
- Performing outreach functions in the local community; responding to requests for informational meetings.
- Compile and review applications for graduate and postdoc support programs, determine eligibility and process awards.
- Experience in need analysis and packaging of student financial aid.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to exercise tact and discretion when dealing with students, families, and staff.
- Expertise in counseling and working with students individually with ability to provide excellent customer service in difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, managing time and workflow and to managing multiple, concurrent high priority projects in a time-pressured environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to explain University policy to others with detailed knowledge of financial aid regulations.
- Knowledge of multiple financial aid systems, document imaging systems, and window based environment and office applications.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and good judgment.
- A Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of multiple financial aid systems, document management systems, and window based environment and office applications.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery ad fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7628
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87543