Institutional Research Analyst
Posting DetailsJob TitleInstitutional Research AnalystUnion LevelDepartmentPlanning and Institutional Research CampusStocktonPosting Number201302172PFull or Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Months12Work Schedule
Work performed during standard business hours. Overtime is expected based on business needs. Occasional travel.Position End DateOpen Date10/14/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
For first consideration please apply on or before November 4, 2020.Primary Purpose
Responsible for researching, collecting, interpreting, analyzing, and reporting a variety of data for university constituents using the tools of Institutional Research.Essential Functions
1. Analyzes data and constructs reports/tables/charts/visualizations using appropriate software.
2. Constructs research reports from proposal to final draft.
3. Conducts statistical analyses and interprets results.
4. Extracts and prepares data for analysis.
5. Provides materials to support institutional decision-making.
6. Provides support to data integrity processes.
7. Provides training on analytic reports and report technologies.
8. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned or requested.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in social science, business, education, or research related field.
• At least one (1) year of working experience working with data to meet the reporting needs of an organization.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
• Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and usage of spreadsheets.
• Experience querying analytical databases to support research.
• Excellent writing and communication skills, time management skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
• Experience with maintaining web sites using software products that do not require significant programming experience.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
• Knowledge of general principles of statistics, management, and administrative methods.
• Knowledge of report writing techniques.
• Ability to gather, interpret, and analyze data concerning a variety of issues and trends.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with the use of a computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. May require occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Attendance may be required at national conferences.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment which may be fast-paced, high pressure and challenging. Work performed during standard business hours. Overtime is expected based on business needs. Occasional travel.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in social science, business, education, or research related field?
- * Do you have at least one (1) year of working experience working with data to meet the reporting needs of an organization?
- * Please describe your experience creating spreadsheets, data tables, graphs and reports/presentations.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe a project where you performed data analysis, and describe the impact or outcome of your analysis.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Pacific participates in federal healthcare programs. As such, a required part of the hiring process is to verify that potential employees have not been excluded from participating in federal programs for mandatory exclusions (including for fraud, controlled substances crimes, patient abuse or neglect, or other program-related crimes) or for other permissive exclusions by the Office of Inspector General. A "Yes" response would be considered disqualifying. Please answer the following question accordingly: Are you currently excluded from participation in federal programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal healthcare program)?
- * Pacific participates in federal healthcare programs. As such, a required part of the hiring process is to verify that potential employees have not been excluded from participating in federal programs for mandatory exclusions (including for fraud, controlled substances crimes, patient abuse or neglect, or other program-related crimes) or for other permissive exclusions by the Office of Inspector General. A "Yes" response would be considered disqualifying. Please answer the following question accordingly: Have you received notice that you are under review for possible exclusion from any federal programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal healthcare program)?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document