Research Analyst, Sports Management
Research Analyst, Sports Management
Job Number: 87541
This is a one-year fixed term position at 50% FTE.
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
We are looking for a Research Analyst interested in the analytical worlds of sports and entrepreneurship. Special focus is on statistical analysis of qualitative and quantitative data. The successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a group, with minimal supervision, in an entrepreneurial environment. The Analyst must have meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational/time management skills; he/she is a critical thinker and a resourceful problem solver.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Analyze large quantitative and qualitative data bases using statistical analysis tools
- Prepare course handout materials for sports management courses
- May assist in administration of sports management courses. Create and/or advise in the development of curriculum. May advise students and/or interact with third-party representatives.
- Write and/or edit complex content for proposals, research grants, peer-reviewed publications, and other program activities.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A bachelor's degree that includes statistical coursework.
- Excellent analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
- Ability to develop program partnerships.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Good applied statistical skills, such as distributions, statistical testing.
- Experience with linear regression and logistics regression.
- Ability to use and interpret topic decision models such as LDA (Latent Dirichlet Allocation) models.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with large datasets and tools for analysis: STATA, SAS, SQL, Python, etc.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87541
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency