IT Analyst/Programmer II
Posting DetailsPosting NumberPG190659EPInternal Recruitment YesWorking TitleIT Analyst/Programmer IIAnticipated Hiring Range70,000-75,000Work ScheduleMonday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, Some WeekendsJob LocationRaleigh, NCDepartment About the Department
Programmer/Developer and database administrator for online web applications supported by the Center. Assist with development with version control and other web app development tools. . Provide technical support and documentation for web applications developed by the Center. Maintain security of client data and reports as needed. Work with others in a team environment to support the Center’s applications.Essential Job Duties
Provide web application development and scripting work, debugging, and extensions to large scale web applications. Work includes web and database server management, systems analysis, systems design, process automation, application management, testing with a variety of client equipment and browsers, expert technical operation support (help desk), and training to program staff and clients. Produce detailed documentation on system designs and operations. Some visual design and work with rich media delivery is required. Serve as Assistant IT Manager with work planning and implementation.Other Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Experience and Education
Mid-career with Masters and 1-2 yrs experience; Bachelors and 2-4 yrs experienceOther Required Qualifications
- Exhibits a high level knowledge of the application code and supporting database, file systems, servers, client-side scripting and interface. Has working knowledge of our customer and in-house developed systems. Possess a strong knowledge of networking technologies, campus and customer infrastructures, emergency procedures, monitoring and debugging procedures.
- Detailed understanding of assigned data and the use of its systems via developing through test plans/scenarios. Skilled in enterprise systems and familiarity with best business practices related to systems.
- Ability to set priorities and know when priorities need to be changed.
- Ability to work independently and manage job with minimal supervision. Able to adapt work to unanticipated changes. Ability to organize and follow complex and/or detailed technical procedures.
- Ability to anticipate project problems and lead collaboration to avoid or manage problems. Ability to manage timelines, financial resources, and the activities of others to achieve success. Ability to monitor project progress and provide updates to managers.
- Knowledge of the current architecture of systems and information to troubleshoot problems. Understanding of the business functions and system needs of unit to develop working specifications for software application solutions.
N/AValid NC Driver's License requiredNoCommercial Driver's License requiredNoJob Open Date10/14/2020Anticipated Close DateOpen Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants
Internal only – This position is intended for current, permanent, NC State Employees only.Position Number00046404Position TypeEHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.0Appointment12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency EventsNon Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoDepartment ID094001 - Urban Affairs & Community ServAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter