Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Posting DetailsPosting NumberPG190256PDPosition Number00108169Position TypePost DocFLSAExemptDepartment ID110801 - Plant & Microbial BiologyDepartment110801 - Plant & Microbial BiologyJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPosition InformationEssential Job Duties
The Sozzani Lab is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Scholar with an interdisciplinary background to work on our projects studying stem cell regulation in the Arabidopsis root. The incumbent is expected to perform computational analysis. Experience with mathematical modeling (Ordinary/Partial Differential Equations), regression models, statistics, and programming (R and/or Python) are required. The postdoc will meet frequently with Dr. Ross Sozzani to discuss best practices in grant writing, manuscript preparation, and mentoring.Other Work/Responsibilities
The Postdoctoral Research Scholar will also be expected to mentor undergraduate and graduate students on individual research projects. The incumbent will be expected to present their major findings in the form of research posters at major conferences, oral presentations within the department and at major conferences, and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.Work ScheduleMonday - Friday / 8am - 5pm (additional hours as needed to complete experiments)Department Required Skills
- PhD in Plant Pathology, Biomathematics, Plant Biology, Genetics, or a related field.
- High-throughput sequencing data analysis using Tuxedo or another pipeline.
- Ability to write both R and MATLAB scripts for data analysis.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis using SAS, R, or similar software.
- Ability to formulate and analyze mathematical models.
- Experience with mathematical modeling is required.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required?NoCommercial Driver's License Required?NoRecruitmentAnticipated Hiring Range$48,000If you anticipate multiple hires from this search, please indicate how manyJob Open Date09/09/2020Quick Linkhttp://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/135502AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)